reapplying thermal paste???

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
How often do you guys put on a fresh batch of thermal grease???

just built the new rig and she's running at a cool 36c under full load. im quite pleased about that temp.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
ok cool.. yea this new build is running fairly good.. it's pretty much broke in now and under a hefty file transfer while playing music and ripping a dvd its up to 38c the highest, around 33-34c on low load. i guess when it hits close to high 40's low 50s i should change..?

Thanks,

Rob.

I bought this "stuff" from CoolerMaster. It was really weird. You're supposed to put a plastic template on your heatsink. Then you pust this compound around the edges of the heatsink. Then you take this thing that resembles a credit cards and rub the compound evenly across the template. Didn't work for a crap! Totally sucked! Will never buy it again. Next time I'm trying AS5.

ok cool.. yea this new build is running fairly good.. it's pretty much broke in now and under a hefty file transfer while playing music and ripping a dvd its up to 38c the highest, around 33-34c on low load. i guess when it hits close to high 40's low 50s i should change..?

Don't worry about your fine. My E6600 is OCed to 3.0GHz. With both core under full load for around an hour the temp peaks at 56C.

I think I read somewhere that the C2D CPU will not auto throttle itself until the temp hits 75C.