Webcam Software for live cam viewing

This has probably been asked a number of times....but here goes !

I want to add a webcam view plane to my webpage with a low refresh rate....
somewhere between 10 to 30 seconds as it will be delivered from my side by
56K modem.
Can anyone recommend any particular software I require to do this ? Freeware
would be great !!!!
Or if there is a website out there to instruct me on the steps to go through
to do this it would be great.
I am running XP on a 2Gig system.
Please reply through group or remove the obvious from the e-mail address.
TIA.

JK
3 answers Last reply
More about webcam software live viewing

    Found this....anyone use it ?
    http://lundie.ca/fwink/

    JK

    "JK" <jonkil@NOSPAMesatclear.ie> wrote in message
    > This has probably been asked a number of times....but here goes !
    >
    > I want to add a webcam view plane to my webpage with a low refresh
    rate....
    > somewhere between 10 to 30 seconds as it will be delivered from my side by
    > 56K modem.
    > Can anyone recommend any particular software I require to do this ?
    Freeware
    > would be great !!!!
    > Or if there is a website out there to instruct me on the steps to go
    through
    > to do this it would be great.
    > I am running XP on a 2Gig system.
    > Please reply through group or remove the obvious from the e-mail address.
    > TIA.
    >
    > JK

    "JK" <jonkil@NOSPAMesatclear.ie> wrote in message
    | This has probably been asked a number of times....but here goes !
    |
    | I want to add a webcam view plane to my webpage with a low refresh
    rate....
    | somewhere between 10 to 30 seconds as it will be delivered from my side by
    | 56K modem.
    | Can anyone recommend any particular software I require to do this ?
    Freeware
    | would be great !!!!
    | Or if there is a website out there to instruct me on the steps to go
    through
    | to do this it would be great.
    | I am running XP on a 2Gig system.
    | Please reply through group or remove the obvious from the e-mail address.
    | TIA.
    |
    | JK

    Not sure if this is any good to you, but have a look at the PowerToy "Webcam
    Timershot" from Microsoft (it's free)

    quote: Webcam Timershot
    This PowerToy lets you take pictures at specified time intervals from a
    Webcam connected to your computer and save them to a location that you
    designate.

    More info at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

    Noël

    --
    http://www.resize2mail.com | http://webcam.kijk.info

    "JK" <jonkil@NOSPAMesatclear.ie> wrote in message
    | This has probably been asked a number of times....but here goes !
    |
    | I want to add a webcam view plane to my webpage with a low refresh
    rate....
    | somewhere between 10 to 30 seconds as it will be delivered from my side by
    | 56K modem.
    | Can anyone recommend any particular software I require to do this ?
    Freeware
    | would be great !!!!
    | Or if there is a website out there to instruct me on the steps to go
    through
    | to do this it would be great.
    | I am running XP on a 2Gig system.
    | Please reply through group or remove the obvious from the e-mail address.
    | TIA.
    |
    | JK

    I've got an old analogue video cam hooked onto a "Dazzle hollywood(?) DV
    bridge", just for the sake of seing if it would work, I tried something
    called "trackercam" and it does work. I've uploaded from 1 image per second
    (I'm on broadband) to 1 per minute and it worked fine. This "trackercam" is
    also meant to control a motorized base for a webcam using motion detection.
    The basic version is free, I suppose they make their money selling the
    "base".
    Bernard

    ---
    Incoming/Outgoing;