I repaired XP yesterday, but now when I go to the Windows UPdate page, it
hangs up and I have to CRTL ALT DEL to get it off the screen. Help!

"psanders13" <psanders13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I repaired XP yesterday, but now when I go to the Windows UPdate
> page, it hangs up and I have to CRTL ALT DEL to get it off the
> screen. Help!

Windows Update Fails:
Click on START and the RUN put in each line seen below and clicked on
OK. (do each one line at a time)
REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuapi.dll
REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuaueng.dll
REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\atl.dll
REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\wucltui.dll
REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\wups.dll
Disable your anti-virus when obtaining the updates.
Make sure that your firewall is allowing the connection to Windows Update .
This would be on ports 80 and 443.
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
If no joy - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
Windows Update Checklist