Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Closed

Unable to install windows 7 in desktop

Tags:
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
June 14, 2011 6:05:08 AM

i have a problem in my desktop computer PLEASE HELP!!!

here are my system requirements

processor: intel P IV Dual Core 3GHz
motherboard: Mercury Intel chipset 945
ram: transcend 2gb ddr2
graphics card: Palit GeForce 9400GT (1024 MB DDR2)
Hard disk: Seagate 500GB SATA (brand new)
power supply: Mercury 450W (brand new)

since i had a problem with the hard disc and power supply earlier, i had them replaced..
now as i tried a clean install by booting from my dvd, it completed installation of windows but after the first restart it came to a blue screen where a process of "dumping physical memory to disc " reached 100% and the computer crashed.
i left it on its own but it crashes again and again at the same blue screen... PLEASE HELP!! :( 

this is what the blue screen looks like

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to ur computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,restart your computer.(which i did 3 times).If this screen appears,follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space(which i have 50GB).If a driver is identified in the stop message,disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates(which i did not get).Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS update(which i installed).Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components,restart your computer,press F8 to select Advanced stratup options,and then select safe mode.

Techincal Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0x8DD57062,0x8A6037A0,0x00000000)
*** igdkmd32.sys - Address 8DD57062 base at 8DC3E000, Datestamp 4a01d354

Collecting data for crash dump...
Intializing disk for crash dump...
Begining dump of Physical memeory.
Dumping physical memory to disk:100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support for further assistance.

p.s. the disc i am using had earlier worked in my laptop without any problems & i have checked all connections, and there are no loose contacts..

More about : unable install windows desktop

a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2011 9:51:29 AM

Run memtest or if you can get the machine to run in windows 7 long enough, schedule a windows memory diagnostic. It almost sounds as if - among the other issues you've had - you're may be having a RAM issue.

Everything I read about the igdkmd32 points to on-board graphics which would share your system memory. Have you disabled on-board graphics in the BIOS (since you have a discreet graphics solution?).
Score
June 14, 2011 10:03:23 AM

Igdkmd32.sys is related to Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows.

Since you have a dedicated videocard you could try disabeling the onboard card in your bios.
Score
Related resources
June 14, 2011 10:52:20 AM

the problem was rectified by resetting the BIOS settings to default! :D 
hope this helps somebody
Score
June 14, 2011 1:56:24 PM

It seems your power supply problem may have your RAM toasted. I assume you have 2 piece of RAM at lease.

Computer use to fill up the RAM in bank0, then bank1 and so on. Therefore, such a ram failure may not show up at the early stage of installation. Problem might show up when the computer use the RAM in the later banks.

Here is the suggestion:

1. If you have friend that can borrow a pair of RAM to you, try to replace yours and see the installation goes ok or not. If it is, you know your RAM has problem.

2. Once you identify your RAM is (are) failure, if you are rich, give yourself an excuse to upgrade the RAM to at lease 4G

3. If you are tight in budget, Swap the RAM in position (Bank1 to Bank0, Bank0 to Bank1)

4. Good luck and hope you find the problem.
Score

Best solution

a c 684 $ Windows 7
June 14, 2011 3:40:20 PM

yeungl said:
It seems your power supply problem may have your RAM toasted. I assume you have 2 piece of RAM at lease.

Computer use to fill up the RAM in bank0, then bank1 and so on. Therefore, such a ram failure may not show up at the early stage of installation. Problem might show up when the computer use the RAM in the later banks.

He already fixed the problem, and this is not exactly how RAM works, especially in a dual-channel configuration.

Dual-channel will use both RAM sticks at the same time for faster access, much like a RAID0 setup would use 2 hard-drives.

RAM failures may show up when data starts being written to faulty areas of the RAM, but not because one RAM stick got "filled" and it went to the next one.
June 23, 2011 3:50:46 PM

Best answer selected by regodon.
Score
a c 602 $ Windows 7
June 23, 2011 3:59:05 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score