Sythix

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Every single NON technology related article on here is by you. I can pinpoint the article author as you just by reading titles. Now you've done some good work, but this isn't E! or liveleak or a blog about people killing each other with TV remotes. I came to read about Hardware and Tech news, not "Saturday Night Live Skit Disses the iPhone" That's not news, nor is "UFO Spotted Above the Kremlin in Moscow" If you really think that's important go post it on twitter or make your own blog and write about that. I understand you feel something is interesting but the NEWS section of a technology and hardware blog is NOT your myspace or facebook status no matter how "cool" it is. If it's not technology related, don't post. :fou: I don't mean to sound like a prick but your stuff is getting very annoying..

You remember all the complaints then too?
I guess its how strict and hungry your audience is.
Unfortunately, we enthusiasts are becoming more and more of a minority, and including some things besides strictly PC things is welcome, to a point

It may come to a point where theres only 3-4 pure HW sites out there, unless a certain blend is adopted

Sythix

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
It's just stupid and ridiculous in my eyes. If you start a site dedicated to hardware, stay on that topic, don't turn something into another thing just because you feel like it. There's already another 1000000000 blogs about people doing stupid things or how cancer is cured with pigeon crap. Most of the writers do tend to follow the technology only thing but as far as I can see every post by Jane is something that doesn't really belong on here.

Sythix

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I still do not see how a man beating his wife with a remote or UFOs consumer electronics. And I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I'm ok with electronic related articles. Just not random nonsense.

Sythix

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I also have no clue why your refering to tom'sguide at all. I'm talking about tomshardware.

20toys3.png

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3698
The PC market is expanding, but not in the way you'd expect. Processing power and storage are ridiculously cheap today. The result is devices like smartphones, set top boxes and even TVs can have the processing power of a PC from several years ago. In the quest to make everything easier to use the devices around us are getting more complex.

And it's not going to stop. While we're not quite looking for people to review x86 toasters quite yet, we do need passionate, motivated and informed people to help us cover it all. Hence today's call for writers.

randomizer

Champion

That is never going to change. Tom's Hardware gets an order of magnitude more traffic than Tom's Guide and it would be a far greater gap if the news wasn't linked on Tom's Hardware as well. You are arguing a point that is going to go nowhere. Traffic is the life blood of a large website because traffic = ad revenue, which is Bestofmedia's primary source of revenue.

Sythix

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I don't need to argue in an opinion thread. I'm giving the site feedback, it's rather constructive so your choice would be to take it or leave it. My point is simply that UFOs are not consumer electronics and have no place here. Well you know what they say, ignorance is bliss I suppose. Have fun, I'm going to endgadget.

Id point out, Anands off site/sister site does this as well, non tech articles.
Im not saying theyre one way or another, its just the way were heading, as I linked to Anand seeking a wider "tech" coverage as well.
In the end, like I said, therell only be a small few sites thatre pure tech sites, as PCs arent as exciting as they once were, the wow factor is gone overall, and tho that may not pertain to you or me, it still means something to the tech sites that exist

Sythix

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009

Well congratulations, don't speak for the site then.

UNICOMPLEX

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I welcome the discussion on UFOs it kind of makes me feel at home seem as Im a Borg.
Also widening the topics of the site is not such a bad thing.