Sign in with
Your question

Can someone tell me what's going on here please.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 17, 2006 6:44:31 AM

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0x80000004, 0x804d9fc0, 0xb996d8c0, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111706-01.dmp.

what is this? I was trying to view a movie off of a cd and BOOM i get a blue screen some some errors and it just reboots?

This also happened a few times while i was watching some GAME demo's online with my dads PC.

what is causing this Reboot to occur when the video is playing and how can i stop this?

please respond i can't find anything on google.

Thanks,

Rob.

More about : question

a b U Graphics card
November 17, 2006 9:46:04 AM

I agree RAM can be a pain. If you have more than one memory module installed try removing one of them then boot up again. If no joy remove the other and try again. Failing that try the same as above but put the memory on the other slot. Just re-seating the RAM may even solve the problem.
November 17, 2006 10:26:42 AM

Run Memtest86 and confirm that there's no memory errors.
Related resources
November 17, 2006 3:20:35 PM

well i did some more research online and alot of the time this has to do with viewing something off a dvd. and that's exactly what i was doing.

i was ripping tons and tons of movies from dvds, to this external drive..

and first i got this delayed write error, which i read was something with the usb2.0 and external drives.

Then as it was ripping movies i was browser, winamp and then tried to view one of the movies from the disc at the same time and then when this happened. it hasn't happened since.

so im thinking it was a conflict error in trying to do all that shit at the same time.
November 17, 2006 5:03:23 PM

You made too many I/O calls for the system. It's a known issue with windows. Its on the microsoft site somewhere, but I'm too lazy to sift through all that crap for a link.
November 18, 2006 2:02:54 AM

yep, THanks man.
!