Computer Chassis/Casing Thermal solution help

salmanzk

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2005
I am buying Chassis/Casing (Gigabyte) Mercury (GZ-FW1CA (ATS/ATB)) for installing these components.i.e. two (MSI) Geforce 8800GTX Graphic cards, (BFG tech) nForce680i motherboard, (Intel) X6800 core2Duo Processor, (Corsair) Dominator TWIN2X2048-6400C4D* memory, (Western digital) Raptor X Hard disk, (Creative) Xi-Fi Fatality1 sound card and DVD writer and Combo drive, and (Enermax) Galaxy 1000watts power supply.

I want to know that do the Liquid cooling solution installed in this Chassis/Casing is better than Air cooling Chassis/Casing. Any drawbacks or limitations. Kindly explain in detail.

Thanks!!!

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Products/Chassis/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2327

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Depends on what you want to water-cool... If you go peltier, than you definitly need the 1kW psu, but if not, 1kW might just be overkill. 800W+ should be fine depending on how many loops you run and what you cool.

Don't know about the case... but I can recommend you if your going to spend that much money to get something like the TT Tai Chi or CM Stacker 830.

Water cooling is better than air cooling, but what's your purpose with watercooling? Extreme OC'ing, silent PC?? Either way, I can reccomend you to get a Swiftech or Danger Den solution since those are some of the better names in the buisness. Only drawback is the time and effort of setting up and yearly maintence. However, if you're only planning on doing a small OC, then watercooling is overkill unless your going for a silent PC also.