darewood

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has the newegg preferred account? Well I signed up just now basically by accident and was curious about it. I've never had a credit card so not entirely sure how this works. I was actually just wanting to see if I could get one but it really signs you up lol. Anyways I know it says no annual fee so thats good. I'm actually looking at to buy a new computer (parts) I have enough but I wanted to use this so I'm not flat out broke for at least a month. So from what I was reading if I make the payments every month or even pay it off within a month i'm good? And if anyone has any other input I would glady love to hear it. Thanks :bounce:

netvox

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
I have had the Newegg Prefered Account for a couple of years and I can tell you that when it comes to managing promos on this card, it's complete hell. This card is serviced by CIT Bank is Utah. The phone customer service is the WORST that I have ever encountered with a credit account. This service center hires only women and I think they go out of their way to find the bitches with the worst attitude possible and they have NO idea how to do anything right. You can't even ask for a supervisor when you call, they will call you back several days later when you are no around and they repeat the same bullshit nonsense they read from a laminated binder. Long story short if you have a promo going on the card, DO NOT dare to make any other standard purchases on the account, any payments will be applied to the promo and they will charge you interest on the standard purchases, which you can not pay off until the promo balance is paid off. They are such low life crooks that they claim that the system is setup that way and NOBODY can overrride that. May they all die a horrible death over in that cess pool of CIT customer service in UTAH.

darewood

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Wow...I got a reply just now. I can't believe that lol. Anyways I did do the promotion to get a computer. Built myself a nice I7. Honestly I haven't had any problems with customer service, but I didn't call I sent an email. I actually asked about what if I bought a standard purchase while still have the promo having to pay for. They said I would have to pay for both. So I didn't feel like doing any standard purchases. I'm sorry you had such bad luck with the card. I haven't had any trouble. And it was my first credit card lol. But I can tell that they aren't the greatest.