Running XP Home SP1 and Zone Alarm with most controls relaxed.

All of a sudden I can't download files. Sometimes nothing happens and
other times I get a "You are not authorized to view this page"
message.

I'm getting a lot of popups. mostly porn ads, and the popup blocking
settings in ZA aren't doing anything. Haven't been able to download
any popup blockers either, of course.

Just ran a full NAV virus scan with no problems reported.

Any suggestions?

"Dick Reuben" <dickre@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Running XP Home SP1 and Zone Alarm with most controls relaxed.
>
> All of a sudden I can't download files. Sometimes nothing happens and
> other times I get a "You are not authorized to view this page"
> message.
>
> I'm getting a lot of popups. mostly porn ads, and the popup blocking
> settings in ZA aren't doing anything. Haven't been able to download
> any popup blockers either, of course.
>
> Just ran a full NAV virus scan with no problems reported.
>
> Any suggestions?

What if you turn off ZA and use the WinXP firewall?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Check for malware, something most AV won't do or they will in only a limited
way. Download, install and run Ad Aware:
www.lavasoftusa.com.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User