Need 8-port MANAGED GigaBit Switch?

Hi,

I need a 8-port Gigabit switch that somehow will let me know if there is a problem with the wire/signal-interference. I think those switches are called "managed" and they cost a lot of money.

What would be a budget switch like that?

Thanks!
10 answers Last reply
More about need port managed gigabit switch
  1. $500...
  2. Quote:
    $500...

OK back to Un-managed...

Any recomendation on a good, powerful one (up to $120-130)

I have long CAT-5e cables which in some cases are 2 cables coupled at some point + there is some electrical interference. Currently I am getting only 10mbps but I hope I can remove some of the electrical interference once I buy the switch.
  3. Keep in mind of the words, "You get what you pay for."
  4. check out the review of the NetGear FS728TS on this very site
  5. Quote:

That switch is not managed
  6. Yea, but it has 8 gigabit ports and it doesn't cost a fortune. Petreza said he was going back to unmanaged due to price.
    The FS728TS only as 4 gigabit ports.
  7. Netgear GS110TP, for around $170

* Managed - there is a web interface, and also a full CLI if you telnet to port 60000 (undocumented!); also does SNMP, VLANs etc
    * 8 ports gigabit copper with PoE output (not PoE+)
    * 2 ports SFP

Comes with a separate IEC power brick.
  8. candlerb said:
    Netgear GS110TP, for around $170

* Managed - there is a web interface, and also a full CLI if you telnet to port 60000 (undocumented!); also does SNMP, VLANs etc
    * 8 ports gigabit copper with PoE output (not PoE+)
    * 2 ports SFP

Comes with a separate IEC power brick.

Please watch the date of the posts, responding to 10yr old threads provides little value.
  9. How do you know you are getting "electrical interference"? How did you conclude this was the reason for 10mbps? How are the cables coupled?
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Switch Networking Product