Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need 8-port MANAGED GigaBit Switch?

  • Routers
  • Switch
  • Networking
  • Product
Last response: in Networking
March 10, 2006 3:12:13 AM


I need a 8-port Gigabit switch that somehow will let me know if there is a problem with the wire/signal-interference. I think those switches are called "managed" and they cost a lot of money.

What would be a budget switch like that?


More about : port managed gigabit switch

March 10, 2006 7:37:45 PM

March 11, 2006 3:20:57 PM


OK back to Un-managed...

Any recomendation on a good, powerful one (up to $120-130)

I have long CAT-5e cables which in some cases are 2 cables coupled at some point + there is some electrical interference. Currently I am getting only 10mbps but I hope I can remove some of the electrical interference once I buy the switch.
Related resources
March 14, 2006 8:26:44 PM

Keep in mind of the words, "You get what you pay for."
March 15, 2006 1:38:18 PM

check out the review of the NetGear FS728TS on this very site
March 15, 2006 5:22:33 PM

Yea, but it has 8 gigabit ports and it doesn't cost a fortune. Petreza said he was going back to unmanaged due to price.
The FS728TS only as 4 gigabit ports.