Live broadband webcam sites ?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 10, 2004 5:01:04 PM

Anyone point me to a URL for links to live webcams (live moving pictures)
around the world. Broadband if possible. Not those webcams which only
refresh every 5 minutes or so.

Cheers
Andy
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 8:18:24 PM

"Andy12437" <andy@nospam.com> wrote in message
| Anyone point me to a URL for links to live webcams (live moving pictures)
| around the world. Broadband if possible. Not those webcams which only
| refresh every 5 minutes or so.
|
| Cheers
| Andy

Sure.. Have a look at my cam @ http://webcam.kijk.info
Location of it is in Amersfoort the Netherlands, and it's streaming in
Windows Media Player format (depending on the connection speed and users
online it can stream up to 20 fps)

Noël

--
http://www.resize2mail.com | http://webcam.kijk.info
Anonymous

"Andy12437" <andy@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Anyone point me to a URL for links to live webcams (live moving pictures)
> around the world. Broadband if possible. Not those webcams which only
> refresh every 5 minutes or so.
>
> Cheers
> Andy

NY Amsterdam Avenue
rtsp://helix3.nyctmc.org:7070/broadcast/Camera29.rm
(Real Player)

NY Timesquare live (with Sound)
http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/asx/tsq...

have fun

Adam
April 12, 2004 12:37:37 AM

There are a lot of webcams here in NZ. Try a search. I've given the link for
a very fast refresh rate cam on Courtney Place in Wellington. The building
at the end is the Embassy Cinema where Lord of the Rings was premiered.
There was a fantastic parade on the day with a second camera pointing in the
opposite direction showing another cinema in the same street where the
lesser celebs. went.
I didn't watch it on cam tho. I was in the street directly alongside the
Embassy...lol.

Martynz

http://www.wn.co.nz/cameras/cam16.htm

PS I think there is a webcam on the Panama Canal.
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 12:37:38 AM

"Mart" <martynz@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
| There are a lot of webcams here in NZ. Try a search. I've given the link
for
| a very fast refresh rate cam on Courtney Place in Wellington. The building
| at the end is the Embassy Cinema where Lord of the Rings was premiered.
| There was a fantastic parade on the day with a second camera pointing in
the
| opposite direction showing another cinema in the same street where the
| lesser celebs. went.
| I didn't watch it on cam tho. I was in the street directly alongside the
| Embassy...lol.
|
| Martynz
|
| http://www.wn.co.nz/cameras/cam16.htm
|
| PS I think there is a webcam on the Panama Canal.

Hmmmm.. Maybe it's me, but "updated every 15 minutes, 24 x 7" is not really
a Live broadband webcam site! (This is what Andy asked for)

Still it's nice to have this link, and I'll add it to my favorites here!

Noël

--
http://www.resize2mail.com | http://webcam.kijk.info
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 7:17:25 PM

Oooops! Sorry about that. I didn't check and it certainly used to be almost
real-time. You could see people walking and traffic moving.

Martynz
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 8:36:44 PM

To connect to live robotic webcams you can go to

http://www.trackercam.com/livecams

If you do not click "Show Offline WebCams", then only those webcams
that are currently live are listed.

Also, on the upper left, there is a button "%uptime" that you can
click to sort by how often each webcam is online. Likely those who are
most often online also have good connection speeds.

"Andy12437" <andy@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<c58nl2$sp8$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> Anyone point me to a URL for links to live webcams (live moving pictures)
> around the world. Broadband if possible. Not those webcams which only
> refresh every 5 minutes or so.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 1:07:28 AM

Cheers everyone for all your help.

Regards
Andy

> Oooops! Sorry about that. I didn't check and it certainly used to be
almost
> real-time. You could see people walking and traffic moving.
>
> Martynz

November 2, 2011 9:38:34 AM

here is one
http://ip-24.net

just what you ask for! no stale links or 60 secs refresh - only live feeds!!
simple interface in 3 languages too

enjoy!
!