Live broadband webcam sites ?

Anyone point me to a URL for links to live webcams (live moving pictures)
around the world. Broadband if possible. Not those webcams which only
refresh every 5 minutes or so.

Cheers
Andy
8 answers Last reply
More about live broadband webcam sites

    "Andy12437" <andy@nospam.com> wrote in message
    | Anyone point me to a URL for links to live webcams (live moving pictures)
    | around the world. Broadband if possible. Not those webcams which only
    | refresh every 5 minutes or so.
    |
    | Cheers
    | Andy

    Sure.. Have a look at my cam @ http://webcam.kijk.info
    Location of it is in Amersfoort the Netherlands, and it's streaming in
    Windows Media Player format (depending on the connection speed and users
    online it can stream up to 20 fps)

    Noël

    --
    http://www.resize2mail.com | http://webcam.kijk.info

    "Andy12437" <andy@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Anyone point me to a URL for links to live webcams (live moving pictures)
    > around the world. Broadband if possible. Not those webcams which only
    > refresh every 5 minutes or so.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Andy

    NY Amsterdam Avenue
    rtsp://helix3.nyctmc.org:7070/broadcast/Camera29.rm
    (Real Player)

    NY Timesquare live (with Sound)
    http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/asx/tsq_stream.asx

    have fun

    Adam

    There are a lot of webcams here in NZ. Try a search. I've given the link for
    a very fast refresh rate cam on Courtney Place in Wellington. The building
    at the end is the Embassy Cinema where Lord of the Rings was premiered.
    There was a fantastic parade on the day with a second camera pointing in the
    opposite direction showing another cinema in the same street where the
    lesser celebs. went.
    I didn't watch it on cam tho. I was in the street directly alongside the
    Embassy...lol.

    Martynz

    http://www.wn.co.nz/cameras/cam16.htm

    PS I think there is a webcam on the Panama Canal.

    "Mart" <martynz@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
    | There are a lot of webcams here in NZ. Try a search. I've given the link
    for
    | a very fast refresh rate cam on Courtney Place in Wellington. The building
    | at the end is the Embassy Cinema where Lord of the Rings was premiered.
    | There was a fantastic parade on the day with a second camera pointing in
    the
    | opposite direction showing another cinema in the same street where the
    | lesser celebs. went.
    | I didn't watch it on cam tho. I was in the street directly alongside the
    | Embassy...lol.
    |
    | Martynz
    |
    | http://www.wn.co.nz/cameras/cam16.htm
    |
    | PS I think there is a webcam on the Panama Canal.

    Hmmmm.. Maybe it's me, but "updated every 15 minutes, 24 x 7" is not really
    a Live broadband webcam site! (This is what Andy asked for)

    Still it's nice to have this link, and I'll add it to my favorites here!

    Noël

    --
    http://www.resize2mail.com | http://webcam.kijk.info
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Oooops! Sorry about that. I didn't check and it certainly used to be almost
    real-time. You could see people walking and traffic moving.

    Martynz
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    To connect to live robotic webcams you can go to

    http://www.trackercam.com/livecams

    If you do not click "Show Offline WebCams", then only those webcams
    that are currently live are listed.

    Also, on the upper left, there is a button "%uptime" that you can
    click to sort by how often each webcam is online. Likely those who are
    most often online also have good connection speeds.

    "Andy12437" <andy@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<c58nl2$sp8$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>...
    > Anyone point me to a URL for links to live webcams (live moving pictures)
    > around the world. Broadband if possible. Not those webcams which only
    > refresh every 5 minutes or so.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Andy
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Cheers everyone for all your help.

    Regards
    Andy

    > Oooops! Sorry about that. I didn't check and it certainly used to be
    almost
    > real-time. You could see people walking and traffic moving.
    >
    > Martynz

  8. here is one
    http://ip-24.net

    just what you ask for! no stale links or 60 secs refresh - only live feeds!!
    simple interface in 3 languages too

    enjoy!

Webcams Broadband Peripherals