Gaming Case?

shizdan

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
i got an 8800 gtx and a centurion 5 case....i doubt the 8800gtx will fit...so can i just use all the computer parts hooked together with no case for a week or two?

mdobilas

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
you could always try this: http://www.g-news.ch/articles/nhp200nc/

closeview.jpg

k2gremlin

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
hehehe ..

persoanlly I love the Thermaltake Armor case.. just take out the HD rack next to the PSU... I put my hand in the back of my case and the air is blasting through the case..

Just gotta wipe off the front of the case every month or so.. all that air it sucks through the case... dust builds up on the front filters.. :) but thats a good thing means its pushing some serious airflow :)

G

If you want a cool case, then get some Vantec Tornadoes. They will keep it cool. I got 1.

Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
hehehe ..

persoanlly I love the Thermaltake Armor case.. just take out the HD rack next to the PSU... I put my hand in the back of my case and the air is blasting through the case..

Just gotta wipe off the front of the case every month or so.. all that air it sucks through the case... dust builds up on the front filters.. :) but thats a good thing means its pushing some serious airflow :)

Personally, I hate my Cooler Master case. If I put my hand in the back of my case, I can feel a slow, tepid, and altogether pitiful stream of air as it endlessly recirculates, doing naught to cool my computer and bringing ironic shame to the name of "Cooler Master."

At least I don't have the bothersome problem of having to clean my case :) The thing sucks too much to need cleaning. I've replaced the fans and everything, the thing just sucks overall at circulating air.

On a different note...I think that if you want a true gaming/overclocking case, you might go for a Lian Li case. One of my friends has had great success with airflow and cool components in one of those, despite the fact they cost a more hefty sum than some others. :)

fatcat

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005

How very true, a good thing that the air filters are pretty efficient. I wouldn't like that amount of dust going into my case.