Triple head LCD setup...

reflexcomp

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
I need to setup a triple display setup with three 20-23" LCD monitors. The application is strictly for financial stock monitoring and nothing else. The user will never need it for graphics like CAD/CAM or gaming. It's strictly stocks and will always be strictly stocks. The system has an Intel Motherboard with an Intel Accelerator 900 graphics card built in. If I got a dual head graphics card (not sure which one yet), can I use it along with the integrated graphics card or do I need to get a triple head graphics card?

Thank you!

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
That's entirely possible, w/ integrated and a dual-head vid card.
I have found that the nvidia dual head cards are a little easier to setup than ATI's, but that's just me.
This is probably the most economical way to do it. You can snag a dual head vid card for less than $75 easy.

Other options include the matrox dual head to go and the triple head to go:
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/products/th2go/home.php
The only thing is that your graphics card needs to be good enough to drive a resolution that will stretch across the 3 monitors.
Not sure how much these are but probably less than $250-300.

amdiesen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Does anyone have experience with a tri/quad monitor setup using two cards, pci x16 and a pci x1? How advantageous is it to have identical chipsets on both cards.

To the author of the post, the probable answer to this question is likely to be the best case environment for your needs.

wimcle

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2006
I dont think you can use integrated once you plug in the agp (or pcie) card.

I have 3x19" monitors 1: pcie x800xl (2x dvi), and a pci 9200 (dvi+vga)