blitzer

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
I am building a new system and am going to be using 2x Raptor X's in a RAID-0 config.

This is my first time attempting this and I have read a number of posts but as alot of my components are rather new I just want to make sure.

My system is using the new 680i EVGA C2D board and I am going to be using the Nvidia Raid.

I went to Nvidia's website and was only able to find the drivers for the nforce4 Nvidia Raid setup.

Has anyone done this yet? Did the driver disk come with the mobo?

Also, from reading all these post it looks like I have to install a floppy drive to set up the raid0 and install windows on it? Is that correct or is there a way to work around that?

Thanks!

Mondoman

Splendid
When you install Windows from the Win CD, it will need driver(s) to recognize/setup the hard drive(s)/RAID. Since the Win CD is in the CD drive, you need to supply the driver(s) using a different drive. Normally, a floppy drive is used, but on most modern systems, you should be able to use a USB-floppy drive (or USB ZIP drive, etc) instead. Just make sure the BIOS is set up to recognize a USB floppy drive.

TabrisDarkPeace

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
You'll be prompted to Press F6 during Windows XP Setup.

Do that

Insert the nV-RAID driver disk.

Install WinXP.

Once done I recommend updating the nVidia chipset & RAID drivers from the website.