Newbie needs advice buying first webcam...

I am going to purchase my first webcam soon and I was wondering if
there is a "ONE" out there I need to get or if there are several I can
choose from to get the most for my money. Any product advice would be
much appreciated. Keep in mind, I know nothing about webcams!!!
Thanks.

"Chop Top" <mail@server.com> wrote in message
> I am going to purchase my first webcam soon and I was wondering if
> there is a "ONE" out there I need to get or if there are several I
can
> choose from to get the most for my money. Any product advice would
be
> much appreciated. Keep in mind, I know nothing about webcams!!!
> Thanks.

I have the Quickcam Orbit form Logitec. I really like it. The face
tracking is a little goofy. The nice thing is the extension that
allows you to put the camera right in front of your monitor. This
works well because you can put the viewing window of the person your
viewing right next to the camera so that it looks like your looking
right at them instead of like your looking down when you have the
camera on top of the monitor. I also have to say that Logitec is a
great company! I have 2 Logitech cordless keyboards and had one go
belly up and it was out of warranty. Called them and they replaced it
free and did not even require the old one get sent back! They said
that they have been known to honor the warranty up to 5 years!
Something to think About! You also get to talk to a real technician
instead of none or a machine like other companies! That's getting rare
these days! I like my Orbit! Logitech also tends to keep their drivers
and programs up to date regularly.

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Logitech Pro 4000 has the picture in there line. I have seen all there
models pictures on the web and the Pro 4000 has the sharpest picture.

Slayer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Gary wrote:
|| Logitech Pro 4000 has the picture in there line. I have seen all
|| there models pictures on the web and the Pro 4000 has the sharpest
|| picture.

see it depends on what you want to do with the webcam......

for a good quality all rounder i used a creative pc cam 550

http://www.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?cat=5

its good as a stand alone camera and excellent as a webcam.....

in fact the quality i have not matched with more expensive cameras since...

i now use a smilecam as a main webcam and thats does a really good job and
is functional too....

http://www.smilecam.co.uk/

but for a multi purpose good quality webcam/digital camera that has very
good battery life i would suggest one of the creative range mentioned
earlier

in fact now im interested in getting another one of these multi function
cameras again....
one shame is that creative dont do the 750 model or the 600 .. i wanted to
try these....

maybe ill try the 850 even tho its quite ugly

regards slayer

--
if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/' /)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /" \
('( ' ' _~/
\ '\
'\' \ \ \ _7
\ (
\ \.

slayer in da house annoying the people

ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........

remove my shorts to email me direct....

http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips

regards slayer

phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com