Sign in with
Your question

Viewing images on Tom's

Last response: in Site Feedback

Who agrees that the default image behavior is retarded?

Total: 33 votes (6 blank votes)

• Let's have it do a flash or java pop up like the Nissan site!
  • 27 %
  • How about just a regular windows popup to a slideshow instead of leaving the article.
  • 9 %
  • Same as #2 but lets make the images full-sized by default!
  • 30 %
  • Can the site be setup so we can each choose how we want it?
  • 24 %
  • I'm retarded and I like it the way it is.
  • 12 %
January 14, 2010 8:40:52 PM

I am SO tired of opening images in a new tab by right-clicking and then clicking again on the image in the new tab to open the full-size image in a new window. When I want to see an image, I do NOT want to navigate away from the story... default action on clicking an image currently navigates to slideshow of images for the story. If you ask me this is retarded unless its a boothbabe story. Tom's needs a redesign!

How about popping open the full size image on first click and closing it on another? Try something like this: http://www.nissanusa.com/sav/index.html

At the very least if it has to navigate away make it show the full size image by default!

Lets try a poll and see what people like. You can pick up to two options in case you like more than one.

If you have other ideas or want to give additional feedback post us a reply.

Thanks!
John

More about : viewing images tom

January 15, 2010 8:29:16 PM

Need more votes :) 
Related resources
January 16, 2010 1:23:08 AM

Screw that, Fire Fox + Ad Block Plus FTW!
January 16, 2010 1:40:37 PM

Maybe the current way pictures in articles behave isn't optimal, but it's not that bad.

I just middle click on a picture. That opens the picture in a new tab.

Personally I would like a foreground pop-up with next and previous buttons. (ads could be at the bottom is really needed). The pop-up should have a medium sized close button and clicking outside the pop-up should close it.
January 16, 2010 11:25:28 PM

Right now it is a very inconvenient and annoying process of actually LOOKING at the pictures. I don't even bother looking at any of the pics unless they are a brand new tech, or something that really catches my eye. It's click on article, see picture, click on picture for new window (still not fully sized), then click on picture again for full view. Ugh.
January 18, 2010 8:19:59 PM

Warsaw said:
Right now it is a very inconvenient and annoying process of actually LOOKING at the pictures. I don't even bother looking at any of the pics unless they are a brand new tech, or something that really catches my eye. It's click on article, see picture, click on picture for new window (still not fully sized), then click on picture again for full view. Ugh.

My point exactly, and when you do want to look its a complete pain in the rear.

Transsive: what you mention you would like is exactly what I had in mind. The nissan site is the first thing I could quickly find to demonstrate the important part of it.
January 20, 2010 1:39:41 PM

sublifer said:
I am SO tired of opening images in a new tab by right-clicking and then clicking again on the image in the new tab to open the full-size image in a new window. When I want to see an image, I do NOT want to navigate away from the story... default action on clicking an image currently navigates to slideshow of images for the story. If you ask me this is retarded unless its a boothbabe story. Tom's needs a redesign!

How about popping open the full size image on first click and closing it on another? Try something like this: http://www.nissanusa.com/sav/index.html

At the very least if it has to navigate away make it show the full size image by default!

Lets try a poll and see what people like. You can pick up to two options in case you like more than one.

If you have other ideas or want to give additional feedback post us a reply.

Thanks!
John

Thanks for starting this. I hate the way the pictures work now. +1 for wanting to change it!
!