CD ROM Problem

December 24, 2004 10:59:22 PM

both my CD ROMs stopped reading. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the
drivers. XP says there ok and working properly. When I put a CD in it says
it can't read it. I know the CD's are ok cause they both work fine when I
put in my win 98 hard drive. I just spent about 6 hours installing XP and
updating and everything seemed fine till this happened. Tried rolling back
to when the cd's worked, but that didn't help. Did a virus scan and that
was ok.
Any help would be appreciated.

More about : rom problem

Anonymous
December 25, 2004 7:21:17 AM

How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD Discs
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/