How can I find what network adapter I have?

rathma155

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
I bought a new laptop and I can't connect to the internet because it says "Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter."

I can try to manually download one but I don't know what network adapter I have. When I bought the laptop the only information it gave me was that is has an HM65 Express Mobile Intel chipset based motherboard. No word about what kind of network adapter.

Most components in laptops are built specifically for that particular model of laptop. Even the motherboards are proprietary and made to fit different shell configurations.

For most laptops, you need to get all the drivers from the manufacturers web site based on your model.

What brand is the laptop?

No. That spec fits about any LAN controller out there, though generic Windows drivers aren't working for you.

Who is the manufacturer? The manufacturer should at least have drivers for the motherboard/chipset which would include on-board LAN drivers somewhere in the mix. You may have to contact them if they are a smaller operation. Any larger manufacturer would have these drivers available for download right from their web site.

TRENDING THREADS