.....HELP....... *snickerz*

Sparko

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
ok now at last i assembeled my new pc with the specs below.... nas guess wat it isnt up n running yet .. i got a few major problems .. so i nees your help

1st.. i couldnt install any operating system yet .. ie WIN XP Pro .... well when i boot up the pc with win 98 start up disk and try da setup of the xp cd it says it cannot run in msdos mode .... so i tried in win 98 .. but it seems dat win 98 is disabled on the 975x chipsets so it didnt work too ... den i tried wim me ... it showed problems with IDE/ATA interface and the cd rom dosent show up on my computer ..... so i aked one of my friends for help ... and he told dat i need a win xp bootable cd ... and i will arrange it today ...... help help what shud i doo

2nd ... when i installed win me .... the harddisk showed only 290gigz where as i have 320 gigz .... where did my 30 gigs go ... is dere some problem with WIN ME ... will XP handle it properly ....

3rd ... i bought a msi 6200 wit 128mb ... temporarily just coz it will take me time to collect cash for the 7950gx2 .... how good is it ... just like dat

PLEEZE HELP
Thanks in advance
Sparko

Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
ok now at last i assembeled my new pc with the specs below.... nas guess wat it isnt up n running yet .. i got a few major problems .. so i nees your help

1st.. i couldnt install any operating system yet .. ie WIN XP Pro .... well when i boot up the pc with win 98 start up disk and try da setup of the xp cd it says it cannot run in msdos mode .... so i tried in win 98 .. but it seems dat win 98 is disabled on the 975x chipsets so it didnt work too ... den i tried wim me ... it showed problems with IDE/ATA interface and the cd rom dosent show up on my computer ..... so i aked one of my friends for help ... and he told dat i need a win xp bootable cd ... and i will arrange it today ...... help help what shud i doo

2nd ... when i installed win me .... the harddisk showed only 290gigz where as i have 320 gigz .... where did my 30 gigs go ... is dere some problem with WIN ME ... will XP handle it properly ....

3rd ... i bought a msi 6200 wit 128mb ... temporarily just coz it will take me time to collect cash for the 7950gx2 .... how good is it ... just like dat

PLEEZE HELP
Thanks in advance
Sparko

I can't understand what you want...your writing confuses me. :?

axilon

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
that isnt writing.. its a new language someone made up.

Hrm, XP wont load? Legit copies do :p

Try upgrading to XP off the Me install, it should take.. if you still have problems with your drive get a partition program and get the extra space once XP is installed.

Sparko

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
hey guys pleeze try n understand da problem pleeze .. i wanna run da new pc .. HELP HELP HELP .... AIDE MOI ..... PLZ PLZ PLZ

Sparko

McPhisto

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
I know this is fairly obvious but have you gone into the BIOS and made sure that the cd/dvd-rom is enabled as a bootable device?

pyrix

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2005

PLEEZE HELP
Thanks in advance
Sparko

"Quick Louis, he's speaking in tongues. The power of christ compels you, the power of christ compels you, the power of christ compels you." - Peter Griffin, Family Guy.

But seriously, use proper english, it is difficult to understand what you want if you insist on using such terrible spelling.

However, having said that, i did run the phrase through a prototype decoder i happen to have, intended for decoding the phrases spoken by children in very early stages of development.

1. Yes, you need a bootable Windows XP disk. You can bittorrent these, or buy a legal version, though there isnt a lot of point, unless you are incredibly upset by the little star that might, occasionaly decide to show up on your taskbar.

2. Hard Disks tend to lose about 10% in the formatting, both my 320's show as 298gb's. THough I shouldnt say both, one started smoking todayy :(, lost all my videos and TV shows, about 170gb in total. But thats another story.

3. 6200's are acceptable for you know, like word and stuff. :p Definitly going to want to upgrade this soon, but for now it should get you by with some light gaming.

SPARTAN-117

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
I see that you have 4gb of RAM 8O . Try enableing 4gb Re-mapping in the BIOS or remove a stick then install XP. XP is VERY TEMPERMENTAL with 4gb of RAM and may not want to install due to this.

Hope this helps.

P.S. SPEAK ENGLISH IT HELPS :)

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I don't usually make a big deal out of things like this, but I had a headache after reading the first paragraph. The fact that I had to actively think in order to understand what you were trying to say was too much work when you're the one asking for help.

In short, wasn't worth my time to try and figure out wtf you were saying so I really can't help you with your problem, whatever it is. Just from seeing the other responses though, I'd say to go out and buy a legal copy of XP.

Just in case you didn't understand the proper english used in this post, maybe pyrix's decoder can work it backwards to gibberish for you.

Mr_Gasket

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
Well maybe we can all learn from this ..........*snickerz*....... please note the use of the letter Z.The next time I should see the letter"Z" in substitution for the letter "S" in the title of a post I will take one of the following actions.
I shall "round-up the BoYz and dig out my old EZ-E tape
OR
consume mass quantities of high proof alcohol inorder to inhibit thinking so hard.
spelling sucks sorry :wink:

elpresidente2075

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
I actually think he may be on dope...

Perhaps he should get a good copy of XP to install XP. Then he should plug in all the drives to their proper places and boot from the disk. The option is in the bios. He should then put the disk into the drive and close it. Then he should restart the computer, and while its booting, right after it posts, he should frantically push every key he can for about 2-3 seconds.

Format it up, and he's ready to go....

Edit:
Forgot to mention, he should probably just throw the whole thing out and not use computers. Hey, instead of throwing it out, he could give the parts to me! I'd put them to good use :wink: .

Edit2:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=209613&highlight=
Seems like he figured it out.