ASUS P5N32 - SLI - Premium System Wont Post

Robertobe200

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
I am having problems with this ASUS board not booting. All new system that booted about 5 times into BIOS kept hanging there. Flashed BIOS from 0401 to the latest 0503. It flashed properly, however on the reboot after the flash now nothing..repetitive 10 sec beeps, no BIOS at all. When I remove all RAM and boot it the beep changes to 1 long 2 short which according to ASUS is telling me BIOS is OK, just memory is bad..sigh. So back and forth between tech support....I Call ASUS they say it is RAM..call Corsair they say it is the MOBO. Asus says the RAM I am using is compatible even though it is not on the Qualified Vendor List. Systen did not run long enough in BIOS to even attempt to set memory timings, let alone anything else. Corsair said that this MOBO does not like 4 sticks of memory????? 8O Hello!! Why the does it have 4 slots then??? I am going to order another BIOS for my 7 day old MOBO. Any one else have any suggestions or similar issues with this Memory and Board? Because of my location..I am in the Arctic..so shipping things back and forth is expensive and time consuming..so I am trying to narrow the problem down.

System:

ASUS P5N32-SLI-Premium/WiFi

Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2GB 2X1GB PC6400 DDR2-800 CL 4-4-4-12 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit

Corsair XMS2 6400 TWIN2XP2048-6400C4 PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 240P Dual Channel Memory

XFX GeForce 7950 GX2

Silverstone Strider ST75F 750W ATX12V 24PIN Modular Power Supply

E6700 Dual Core Processor

2- Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB SATA2 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB Cache

Robertobe200

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
4 gigs because I was planning to run XP or Vista 64bit...but wanted to get it actually running first on XP pro. Yes I have tried 1 and 2 sticks as suggested by Corsair tech support. In every slot in almost every concievable combination also as suggested by tech support. And yes I have checked every connection..including the CPU. So yah..I guess BIOS chip and go from there? Short of returning MOBO that may be the quickest solution. I also sadly have no other systems nearby to test the RAM on.

landsknekt

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
I have the exact problem. I have replaced every thing except the MOBO. Calling Asus tech support in the AM to get this resolved.

woutie

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
I had similar problems, after installing a further 2GB of GSkill DDR6400 with the same timing settings of 4-4-3-5, the board will run for a while and then a BSOD. If I remove these second pair of Sticks all is ok. For the life of me I could not and still can't find the Quality Vendor list form Asus! We all know that Asus support sucks!!! My understanding is just that this particular M/Board don not like 4 sticks of RAM as noted by Crosair or was it Kingston?

My advise would be to build another system with that extra pair of RAM u guys have, that's what I did. :??:

Bazzerbill

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Have you tried replacing the Battery ?

Had the same problem . I tried all sorts , then read in the manual that this motherboard simply will not boot at all with a flat battery ,
Tested the Battery and yes it was flat , replacing it solved all my problems , .

JabbaTHutt

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
I know the thread is old but I came home the other day and mine was not working, just found this thread about them and checked the battery and sure enough it was dead. I have replaced it but still no post, it powers up with the power switch and powers down with it but won't post. Any other ideas?

royaloreca

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011

It's never too late. I am currently trying to revive my Mobo which is having the same problem as the one posted by everyone here. apparently the issue might be the fact that the board is sensitive to the type of hardware attached to it, my advice would be to shut it down, disconnect the power cable from the power supply (after shutting down the power supply of course) wait 15 seconds,.... remove all the ram except the one in the farthest slot to the left, hook up the power supply to power then power it on. if it works, repeat the same process by populating both the first and third slots form left to right. I would say avoid filling all the ram slots since this board is a little twitchy in that regard, but it is totally up to you. Let me know if it works.

take care.