I've somehow managed to make my taskbar two rows high and it will not
collapse down to a single row, it appears to be because the icon tray items
are stacking verticaly instead of horizontally. any ideas ?

Thanks and have a happy holiday

--
rvd

Is the Taskbar locked? If it is, you won't be able to change it.

"rv daffin" <dink@daffin.net> wrote in message
> I've somehow managed to make my taskbar two rows high and it will not
> collapse down to a single row, it appears to be because the icon tray
> items
> are stacking verticaly instead of horizontally. any ideas ?
>
> Thanks and have a happy holiday
>
> --
> rvd

"rv daffin" <dink@daffin.net> wrote in message
> I've somehow managed to make my taskbar two rows high and it will not
> collapse down to a single row, it appears to be because the icon tray
> items are stacking verticaly instead of horizontally. any ideas ?
>
> Thanks and have a happy holiday

That's not the reason.
Did you make sure the taskbar is not locked? (Right click on it.)

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

taskbar is not locked

--
Dink - There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that know binary
and those that don't.
"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "rv daffin" <dink@daffin.net> wrote in message
> > I've somehow managed to make my taskbar two rows high and it will not
> > collapse down to a single row, it appears to be because the icon tray
> > items are stacking verticaly instead of horizontally. any ideas ?
> >
> > Thanks and have a happy holiday
>
> That's not the reason.
> Did you make sure the taskbar is not locked? (Right click on it.)
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

In the Registry go to
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
and set
"TaskbarSizeMove"
in the right column to 1

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

> taskbar is not locked
>
>> "rv daffin" <dink@daffin.net> wrote in message
>>> I've somehow managed to make my taskbar two rows high and it will
>>> not collapse down to a single row, it appears to be because the
>>> icon tray items are stacking verticaly instead of horizontally. any
>>> ideas ?
>>>
>>> Thanks and have a happy holiday
>>
>> That's not the reason.
>> Did you make sure the taskbar is not locked? (Right click on it.)
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE

The taskbar must only be of one row of double height then you can resize it to single height. IE All toolbars must be left or right of each other not above or below.

http://www.uscricket.com
"rv daffin" <dink@daffin.net> wrote in message news:OD1ko9h6EHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I've somehow managed to make my taskbar two rows high and it will not
> collapse down to a single row, it appears to be because the icon tray items
> are stacking verticaly instead of horizontally. any ideas ?
>
> Thanks and have a happy holiday
>
> --
> rvd

TRENDING THREADS