Will this case fit a 8800 GTX ?

Karus

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
I'm makin myself a new computer and wanted to get the 8800 GTX but wasn't sure if the case I wanted would fit the card. I've been looking at the Thermaltake VA3000BWA Tsunami Dream Super Midi Tower, anyone got this case or know alot about it?

Cheers for any replies

va3000b%20inside.jpg

It should fit without a problem. You may need to install hard drives into the lower 3.5" drive cage positions. Review article

david86

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
I'm not sure about size comparisions but I've just build a system with the 8800GTX and the Thermaltake Aguila.
Long story short, the card is about 1cm too long and the 3.5" HDD cage had to get taken out.
Another problem with that you would have to move your HDD to one of the CD drive bays but you will need brackets and on top of that the Thermaltake case I had didn't all for screws at all - you were forced to use them plastic sliding rails which didn't fit.

So my only solution was to put the HDD in the Floppy bay which isn't ideal.

Qeldroma

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
This is why I love my old Thermaltake "god know what is" case. It has removable hard drive cages. 2 of them. So when I get a GTX it will fit after I take out the floppy drive cage.

TRENDING THREADS