A way to restore user/personal settings?

I had a boot up error, was told only way to fix was to use system
recovery disks. Best Buy backed up my data to two dvds. Some things
are different and I don't know how to get them back? So I was just
wondering if there is a way to restore the settings the way they were
before I formatted? Maybe a file on the dvds? Thanks for any help.

The error was a lsass.exe system failure. The popup read "security
initialization failed:handle is invalid". The guy at Best Buy told me
I had to use the disks.

Some options are not on the start menu, the desktop font color is
always white no matter what color I set the background to, and there is
a shadow under the desktop text. Those are the most noticeable. I'm
just looking for a way to do all at once instead of individually.

The dvds contain everything, to my knowledge, that was in the C: folder.

In news:1103991346.531287.10820@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com,
robk299@msn.com <robk299@msn.com> typed:

>I had a boot up error, was told only way to fix was to use
>system
> recovery disks.

Told by whom? That's very seldom correct.

> Best Buy backed up my data to two dvds. Some things
> are different and I don't know how to get them back?

*What* things?

> So I was just
> wondering if there is a way to restore the settings the way
> they were
> before I formatted? Maybe a file on the dvds? Thanks for any
> help.

Since none of us knows what Best Buy put on the DVDs, and none of
us knows what it is you want to get back, none of us can answer
that question. But it's unlikely that there's anything on the
DVDs that will help you.

For more help, tell us what you want to get back.

Please reply to the newsgroup