Got drunk and accidently overclocked my x800xt to 570/570

georgelawton

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
I got drunk and overclocked my AIW x800xt to 570/570 on stock cooling (stock is 500/500 - its got 1.6ns but miserable failed instantly at 600 memory, i never tried the gpu any higher than 570, but when the memory failed at 600 i went to 570 as well, for an even 570/570, it was only there for seconds, but it instantly had artifacts - after reboots it was back to normal).

The gpu hit 81c according to ati tool log, and i never saw any corruption at 570/570 and 3dmark2k5 finished fine and posted 5600 or so score, on 6.10 drivers (non approved hah, what a waste).

Everything seems fine and normal, you guys think I killed about a year or 3 off my card from my drunken stupidness? Or did I not do anything that bad ?

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
few artifacts shouldnt have really permanently screwed anything. the real damage is done if you have it for extended periods of time.

just lay off the booze man...

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
I maxed out my x1900xtx no issue what so ever during the benchmarking but it died 15 days later. It's hardly worth it. I was lucky and got my money back and bought an 8800GTX no need to OC.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I think that's illegal. OUI or Overclocking Under the Influence. That's a good thing you didn't piss on your pc after that and getting electrocuted while doing it. Boy, that would be a good story.

DTM13

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
Have to admit for being drunk you have a good memory.If it was me, i can barely remember anything when drunk. 8O

mrmez

Splendid
WTH were u doing OCing while drunk ne way???
Drinking alone? Thats sad.

U need a mini bike or something, get into the great outdoors and tear **** **** up!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Santino

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
theirs a good chance that u could have shorten the live span of your card, i owned a 9550 and over clocked it to 9600XT speed and ran compeletly stable, but 2-3 years of owning it, it started show artifacts and eventually crapped out, could have been due to overclocking, i aslo owned a 1600pro which was overclocked pretty hard, over time the clock which it would stay stable would decressed, so i left that lil thing at stock speeds. now i own a x1900gt. i dont plan on over clocking because 1: dont need to 2: paied good money for it and i dont wanna risk damaging it or shortening its life span,

ethel

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
No big deal I reckon, as long as you don't overclock it like that for long.

You probably damaged more brain cells than transistors :)

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
No big deal I reckon, as long as you don't overclock it like that for long.

You probably damaged more brain cells than transistors :)

Brain cells are irreplaceable. Interesting though how many people drink and smoke pot and say it does no damage...

Find an old junkie and tell me they're smart and healthy so I can have a laugh by exposing their low IQ just before they die of liver failure...

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006

ROFL

'zactly

just returning the favor, :)

he said that to me after telling me to flash bios for a mobo problem i was having.

which i said i did in my o.p. in another thread. he even quoted my op.
guess he just read the first sentance.

Insane_Maniac

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
I maxed out my x1900xtx no issue what so ever during the benchmarking but it died 15 days later. It's hardly worth it. I was lucky and got my money back and bought an 8800GTX no need to OC.
You lucky little, gah that is so not fair. You overclocked the crap out of that card and got a refund then bought an 8800GTX? No freakin way, figured they would have noticed that you overclocked it when they saw that black scorch marks and the apparent smell of burnt plastic, lol, :lol:

Brain cells are irreplaceable. Interesting though how many people drink and smoke pot and say it does no damage...

Find an old junkie and tell me they're smart and healthy so I can have a laugh by exposing their low IQ just before they die of liver failure...
Not to be a nag but the crazy thing is, some scientists somewhere proved that the human body grows 1,000 new brain cells a day. So we're never fully brain dead unless your intake of drugs and alcohol is through the roof, then you might as well as be pushing up some daisies.

I think that's illegal. OUI or Overclocking Under the Influence. That's a good thing you didn't piss on your pc after that and getting electrocuted while doing it. Boy, that would be a good story.
I can see it now, "Drunk guy overclocks video card while using computer tower as toilet. The man died when he tried flushing the computer though, lol." Sorry, kinda couldn't resist going out there and saying that. But moving on, it would be a major Darwin award if someone were to get electrocuted while peeing on his PC.