virkidmurr

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
well, a week or two ago i had a problem with my psu. i fixed that and got a new one and since then my computer has been running fine....untill yesterday. at first my computer just froze and shut off, but now when i start it up im gettin no video then it shuts off. i opened it up checked all the connections and everything seemed to be ok. i think theres a problem with either the graphics card or the processer resulting from the previouse problem with the psu. but i highly doubt theres a problem with the motherboard or processer because everything is runnin (all the fans, hardrive, and cd and floppy drives). but i thought itd be a good idea to check here before i go out and buy a new graphics card

oh yea another piece of information that might be useful is that when you start the computer up you dont hear that faint beep niose that you usually hear before you start to see any picture on your monitor

Can you get into the motherboards BIOS or are we talking no video at all? if there is no video at all then it's more likely to be a graphic card problem than a motherboard interface slot issue (no mention whether AGP or PCI-e), if however you can get into the BIOS screen then it could just be a driver initialisation issue.

virkidmurr

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Can you get into the motherboards BIOS or are we talking no video at all

i wish i could get to the bios menue lol, probibly save me the money rather than buyin a new card, but sadly im gettin no video at all

virkidmurr

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
yea i just tried about 20 minutes ago, its dead, just hope theres nothin wrong with any other components, which doesnt seem likely because everything else seems to work. but it think the video card still is covered by warrenty so i might not have to end up buyin a new one.