Whish Monitors Is the Best???

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
im not sure out of those, but the best rated LCD is the 24" DELL for like 800$ it was in the new CPU mag... it won the best LCD award for 2006..

probley can get it cheaper from newegg or somewhere else.

Shiki-kun

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
yea, what coolmac said but if it had to be from those three i would pick the samsung cause its bigger than the other 2 ^^

and they probably make good monitors, atleast at the same quality as dell/gateway

james11ace

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
I've got to samsungs in dual display and they are alot better than my slightly older dell monitor. but i would also go for the samsung on the fact it is bigger

big_tuna

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
i have the dell 2007 wfp widescreen and i really like it. my only regret is i didnt get the 24".i play a lot of first person shooter games and i see no problems with ghosting or anything else.

I've seen the Samsung 225BW and the 215TW side by side. In my opinion the 225BW sucks. My preferred choice would be the 215TW instead.

It's smaller (21") and more expensive (around $440 after a rebate), but it is an 8-bit monitor. The 225BW is a 6-bit monitor. I compared them side by side at J&R Computer World in NYC.

Using the 'Autumn' background the 225BW show visible discoloration in the leaves and image distortions on the tree bark. The text is not as clear as on the 215TW. Those are tell tale signs of a 6-bit monitor. I can't say anything about ghosting 'cause no games were installed.

So far in my search for a 20"+ LCD monitor, the 215TW is at the top of my list.

coolmac11

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
But gateway has PIP (picture in picture). I have heard that Dell Ultrasharp wide like the 24" is one of the best two but I find that it is a huge price gap away from more "conventional gaming monitors!"

ps. sorry for postphoned answer

I have the Dell 24" LCD and I find it pretty decent. It has PIP, DVI, VGA, Component, composite and S-video inputs.

For gaming it's great! I was glad I didn't get the 30" as this 24" is almost too big for me to see everything (almost!).

I find there is a slight problem though with Static images, I think they call it "Input lag", you might want to look it up.

Other than that, it's AWESOME for movies, and games! Theres no "ghosting".

Good luck on your choice :)

Sorry, did I mention 1920X1200 NATIVE resolution!?!?! :D