Which is the BEST Cooler?

coolmac11

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
I was wondering which non liquid cooler would be the best for a CD2 E6600. I want to get the max oc and not bust my CPU. Also, what would be the average highest Oc with this cooler.

I'm also open to liquid cooling but i have a fear that it will leak and kill my system. But should I buy a package or buy seperately? Which package/parts are the best for CPU cooling only?

Thanks

Arrowyx

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
For plain air cooling, Scythe Infinity or Tuniq Tower 120 would be my choices. Both are cheaper than the Zalman CNPS9700 and cool just as well if not better.

bigsby

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Another one that's like the Gaming Monsoon, except cheaper, and I hear actually a better cooler, is the Titan Amanda, though I cannot seem to find it at this moment, I believe it's not coming out for another week. It's also a TEC/Air hybrid, but it'll keep your processor cool no matter what. The only downside is that it weighs over a kilogram, so if you move your computer much if at all then you're screwed (that means lan parties are a no no).

dicester

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2002
water cooling is good, but phase shift cooling is much much better. Am running my cpu at - 50 C at idle and about - 45 C under load with a vapochill LS

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Phase shift cooling is pretty expensive and there is no way you need it to for even extreme OC'ing, a TEC is really as far as you need to go IMO. Plus then you have to ensure that your insulation is correct, try to imagine condensation ON YOUR CPU.