Newbie Looking for Info

David

I am going to be travelling for a few months and would like to take
along a Webcam to keep in touch with the family. I know nothing at all
about them. Anyone know of a good site where I can find out about
setting up these things? I'll have a laptop, at home there'll be a
desktop machine both on WinXP.

David

"David" <rhinds_no_spam_@cwnet.com> wrote in message
| I am going to be travelling for a few months and would like to take
| along a Webcam to keep in touch with the family. I know nothing at all
| about them. Anyone know of a good site where I can find out about
| setting up these things? I'll have a laptop, at home there'll be a
| desktop machine both on WinXP.
|
| David

Hi David,

If it's only for communicating with home, than why not try Portrait? It's
free and from Microsoft.
It will do voice and video. More info @
http://research.microsoft.com/~jiangli/portrait/

Noël

--
http://webcam.kijk.info

David

Thanks, never heard of it but I'll take a look