any hope for a PB5 vanilla board?

gdavi68

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
I am finding out sadly that the purchase of the PB5 vanilla board was a poor choice. I am mated up with a conroe 6600 and with 2 gigs of pc2-6400 and I am having a hell of a time getting caore speeds of over 3360.
I should aslo mention that I have little overclocking experience but I can really use the extra power as I am a trader and run an 8 monitor setup with some older technology ()Matrox G200s into the VGA ports of 8 dell fp19's. Seem to be getting poorr video performace - very choppy screen movements. I was hoping brute powewr alone could bail me out somewhat.
I see guys that have the PB5 Deluxe conroe 6600 getting over 5 GHZ !
That would be awesome.
Is there any hope for this board or am I sol?
Thanks,
gdavi68
[/img]

shata

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Hey i have that board in a SFF case with liquid cooling and E6300.
How did u get it to 3.3ghz?
I can get mine only to 2.1ghz. I know its only a e6300 but what settings did you use, also did u flash the bios?

gdavi68

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
Wow,
I am shocked that someone is asking for advice from me. I mean I see these guys getting incredible results from the p5b deluxe-conroe setups and Maybe that says something about the vanilla version which I (and from the sounds of it ) you have.
I am not sitting at the computer right now but I can remember that I used a multiplier of 8 and a setting of betweeen 400 and 420 for the bus speed.
At first I kept getting blue screens and crashes - but I rurned up the memory voltage to 2.10 (I believe).
I am looking to get alot more out of it since I am seeing others having such good results so...
Also yes I did flash the latest bios from Asus - just came out Nov 2nd - I believe.
Hope this helps. If you want better info let me know and when I am on the other suystem I will take some screen shots or at least list some of the other settings I used in bios.
gdavi68