Which chipset driver version do I have???

Status
Not open for further replies.

doglips

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
How do i find out which MB chipset drivers I have curently? For my Asus A8N-E Nforce Ultra Chipset?? Would like to update!

doglips

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
well is this a stupid question or is there no way of finding out??? can someone help me??I know how to check my GPU and BIOS for current drivers version but am stumped on the MB chip set drivers version....I did go ahead and update...but i would like to find out how to ID these drivers...Tryin to learn something here....google was not much help....

doglips

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
CPUZ gives BIOS version but not chipset version...that's the fist place i looked...thanks any way......:( any body else.......

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Well goto your device manager and open the tree under system devices pick one of the items noted as a nforce device double click it and click the driver tab. Though the info seems inccorect to me. Why not just update to the newest chipset drivers? that would eliminate the quesing. Unless someone has a better idea thats the best i got :eek:

hackerzc

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Here is how to find what version chipset driver you have (once and for all)...

Run Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit -> enter)

Once in the Registry Editor expand "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
Next Expand "SOFTWARE"
Next Expand "INTEL"
Click on "Infinst"

On the right hand side there will be two things to look for.
First is to make sure the line that says "Install" has the word "success" next too it (to the right, under "data"). This indicates the driver was installed correctly.
Next find the line that says "Version", and that will be your version number that was installed.

To everyone else who has no idea how to actually find the version number, STOP GUESSING.... you do more harm than good with your crappy "help".

skylarksmh

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
Mine was under Chipset rather than Infinst but I do agree with not guessing when it comes to things that can render your computer an expensive paperweight!

steadfast1984

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

This is the Correct way to do it. works fine in windows 7 pro 64-bit. Thanks for sharing this knowledge

speedlever

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004
This did not work for my install of Win 7/64 home premium. I did not have Infinst.
Asus P5B-e mobo. Fresh install of W7/64.

AaWIM.png

Edit: Using the drivers supplied by Win7/64, I did not have the Infinst file. After getting the latest drivers from Intel for the P965 chipset and installing them, I rechecked this and now I have Infinst and it shows version 9.1.1.1025 (the latest as of this writing).

Note: I always thought the first thing to do after a fresh OS install was to install the chipset drivers and then the video drivers, etc. But in this case, thinking that W7 supplied the correct drivers (and perhaps it did but I didn't know how to confirm it), I installed the chipset drivers after many other drivers. So perhaps the order is not so important anymore. I don't know.

w8gSB.png

Status
Not open for further replies.