reinstalling xp-could not find place for swap file?

I have reinstalled using cd as repair install. Never had no problems...now i
have problems...

help please
3 answers Last reply
More about reinstalling could find place swap file

    What do you mean "could not find place for swap file?"

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Gootchums" <Gootchums@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have reinstalled using cd as repair install. Never had no problems...now
    > have problems...
    >
    > help please

    "Gootchums" <Gootchums@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have reinstalled using cd as repair install. Never had no
    > problems...now i have problems...
    >
    > help please

    Good Post:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    Getting Your Post Noticed -- and Answered
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
    How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com
    Protect your PC

    I meant to say that while I was trying to reinstall XP. (sorry) I was
    attempting to boot from CD and I kept getting "could not find place for a
    swap file". Which by the way is called pagefile.sys. I then decided to
    slipstream my Home Ed with SP2 and use that CD by inserting CD while still in
    Windows and choosing to install XP. This went smoothly UNTIL it came time
    to activate. Seems Microsoft has implemented a new way to prevent piracy. I
    had to activate by phone to get a new activation ID. Wouldn't work to do it
    online because I had slipstreamed. But I talked to a rep and he was kind to
    help me. Now everything is fine, EXCEPT I can't get to my Credit Card
    website anymore. I have no problems with other secure sites. I didn't
    change any settings since I last accessed this site. So now Im looking for
    help with this new problem.

    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > "Gootchums" <Gootchums@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have reinstalled using cd as repair install. Never had no
    > > problems...now i have problems...
    > >
    > > help please
    >
    > Good Post:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > Getting Your Post Noticed -- and Answered
    > http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
    > How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
    > http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
    >
    > --