reinstalling xp-could not find place for swap file?

December 25, 2004 7:43:01 PM

I have reinstalled using cd as repair install. Never had no problems...now i
have problems...

help please
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 10:26:08 PM

What do you mean "could not find place for swap file?"

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Gootchums" <Gootchums@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have reinstalled using cd as repair install. Never had no problems...now
> have problems...
>
> help please
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 11:40:32 PM

"Gootchums" <Gootchums@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have reinstalled using cd as repair install. Never had no
> problems...now i have problems...
>
> help please

Good Post:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Getting Your Post Noticed -- and Answered
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC
December 27, 2004 1:49:05 PM

I meant to say that while I was trying to reinstall XP. (sorry) I was
attempting to boot from CD and I kept getting "could not find place for a
swap file". Which by the way is called pagefile.sys. I then decided to
slipstream my Home Ed with SP2 and use that CD by inserting CD while still in
Windows and choosing to install XP. This went smoothly UNTIL it came time
to activate. Seems Microsoft has implemented a new way to prevent piracy. I
had to activate by phone to get a new activation ID. Wouldn't work to do it
online because I had slipstreamed. But I talked to a rep and he was kind to
help me. Now everything is fine, EXCEPT I can't get to my Credit Card
website anymore. I have no problems with other secure sites. I didn't
change any settings since I last accessed this site. So now Im looking for
help with this new problem.

!