HOW to setup multiple CAMs for surveillance?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 24, 2004 6:09:15 PM

Hei,

As we are often away we would like to protect our house with some CAM's.
We installed one, using motion detection software from i-Catcher.
(i-Catcher can handle multiple CAMs)

Problem is however USB, we feel we can't install camera's where we would
like to have them, since the distances are too large. One can't put PC's all
over the house isn't it.

What we would like to have is something like
http://www.icepick.com/

thanks,
eppie
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 6:09:16 PM

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:09:15 +0200, "ep" <anoniem@t-online.de>
wrote:

>Hei,
>
>As we are often away we would like to protect our house with some CAM's.
>We installed one, using motion detection software from i-Catcher.
>(i-Catcher can handle multiple CAMs)
>
>Problem is however USB, we feel we can't install camera's where we would
>like to have them, since the distances are too large. One can't put PC's all
>over the house isn't it.
>
>What we would like to have is something like
>http://www.icepick.com/

You can use analog cams, a capture card in your computer, and a
video switcher to switch between the different cams. "Network"
cams are also a possibility, but are a little more expensive.
Analog cams can be placed at longer distances from the computer.
Below are some test pages I have with some links to making
simple video switchers and pan/tilt cams. Bottom are some links
to sources of analog types of cams where you can get some idea of
the equipment available.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ppswitcher-demo.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/486X66.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/multiwc32.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc32AV.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc32pull.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc32A.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webmedia.htm

http://www.supercircuits.com/
http://www.matco.com/
http://www.cctvco.com/enter.html
http://www.polarisusa.com/
http://www.gtsecurity.com/
http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=VID
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?i...
April 24, 2004 11:21:58 PM

Si Ballenger wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:09:15 +0200, "ep" <anoniem@t-online.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Hei,
>>
>> As we are often away we would like to protect our house with some
>> CAM's.
>> We installed one, using motion detection software from i-Catcher.
>> (i-Catcher can handle multiple CAMs)
>>
>> Problem is however USB, we feel we can't install camera's where we
>> would like to have them, since the distances are too large. One
>> can't put PC's all over the house isn't it.
>>
>> What we would like to have is something like
>> http://www.icepick.com/
>
> You can use analog cams, a capture card in your computer, and a
> video switcher to switch between the different cams. "Network"
> cams are also a possibility, but are a little more expensive.
> Analog cams can be placed at longer distances from the computer.
> Below are some test pages I have with some links to making
> simple video switchers and pan/tilt cams. Bottom are some links
> to sources of analog types of cams where you can get some idea of
> the equipment available.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ppswitcher-demo.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/486X66.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/multiwc32.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc32AV.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc32pull.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc32A.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webmedia.htm
>
> http://www.supercircuits.com/
> http://www.matco.com/
> http://www.cctvco.com/enter.html
> http://www.polarisusa.com/
> http://www.gtsecurity.com/
> http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=VID
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?i...

to make this more interesting.. i can provide wireless cams with recievers
that can plug directly into any composite input....

like you would have on a capture card....

the cameras are around an inch square.......and wireless apart from power
connection

the receivers are cigarrette packet sized (king size)

one reciever can run many cameras....which is how i use them...(4 cameras on
mine) also i get the signal from my neighbours camera and the lady across
the roads camera too..(they are my customers) they can also access mine as
they are transmiting cameras.....and we all have recievers....

distance from camera to furthest receiver is approx 100 metres..hardly any
loss of signal..

would be better line of sight but walls and things lower the transmitting
power...

very good for security as they can be hidden easily

let me know if yr interested

regards slayer

--
if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/' /)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /" \
('( ' ' _~/
\ '\
'\' \ \ \ _7
\ (
\ \.

slayer in da house annoying the people

ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........

remove my shorts to email me direct....

http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips

regards slayer

phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com
April 26, 2004 11:38:13 PM

You can try one of our USB extension kits to extend the distance.

http://www.pantiltcam.com/TCamWeb/usbkits.htm

We also have a wireless version in the works. If you join our mailing
list from the bottom of any page on

http://www.trackercam.com

you will be notified when this is available.

Hope this helps.

<anoniem@t-online.de> wrote in message news:<c6dle0$6k7$03$1@news.t-online.com>...
> Hei,
>
> As we are often away we would like to protect our house with some CAM's.
> We installed one, using motion detection software from i-Catcher.
> (i-Catcher can handle multiple CAMs)
>
> Problem is however USB, we feel we can't install camera's where we would
> like to have them, since the distances are too large. One can't put PC's all
> over the house isn't it.
>
> What we would like to have is something like
> http://www.icepick.com/
>

> thanks,
> eppie
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 12:59:29 AM

thanks,

I think it brought me a bit further. :-)

eppie

"Si Ballenger" <shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:09:15 +0200, "ep" <anoniem@t-online.de>
> wrote:
>
> >Hei,
> >
> >As we are often away we would like to protect our house with some CAM's.
> >We installed one, using motion detection software from i-Catcher.
> >(i-Catcher can handle multiple CAMs)
> >
> >Problem is however USB, we feel we can't install camera's where we would
> >like to have them, since the distances are too large. One can't put PC's
all
> >over the house isn't it.
> >
> >What we would like to have is something like
> >http://www.icepick.com/
>
> You can use analog cams, a capture card in your computer, and a
> video switcher to switch between the different cams. "Network"
> cams are also a possibility, but are a little more expensive.
> Analog cams can be placed at longer distances from the computer.
> Below are some test pages I have with some links to making
> simple video switchers and pan/tilt cams. Bottom are some links
> to sources of analog types of cams where you can get some idea of
> the equipment available.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ppswitcher-demo.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/486X66.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/multiwc32.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc32AV.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc32pull.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc32A.htm
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webmedia.htm
>
> http://www.supercircuits.com/
> http://www.matco.com/
> http://www.cctvco.com/enter.html
> http://www.polarisusa.com/
> http://www.gtsecurity.com/
> http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=VID
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?i...

Anonymous
May 1, 2004 6:09:10 PM

You may want to look at Xanboo, http://www.xanboo.com. The proprietary
wireless equipment is very inexpensive but you have to subscribe to their
service at $10US a month. It's primarily sold by installers now but I have
found one who will sell the components. I suspect I may use their system
for my new home.

There are other wireless cameras available from D-Link & Panasonic among
others. Jim

!