MP3 songs won't launch Windows Media Player under Pocket P..

February 24, 2005 11:33:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

All of a sudden, when I click on .MP3 songs I have on my CF card in File
Explorer, it will no longer launch Windows Media Player on my Pocket PC 2003
on an iPaq 2215.

I CAN open them when I'm in Windows Media Player, just not through File
Explorer. I've already recopied all of the files to my CF card to make sure
they're not corrupted.

Does anyone know how to re-associate these .MP3 files to Windows Media
Player? I do NOT want to have to do a hard reset.

Any ideas?

TIA!
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 3:49:14 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

Resco Explorer will help. There is "Open with" as in usual Windows and check
box "always use this application for...."

"Stealth" <stealth@youllneverfindme.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden, when I click on .MP3 songs I have on my CF card in File
> Explorer, it will no longer launch Windows Media Player on my Pocket PC
2003
> on an iPaq 2215.
>
> I CAN open them when I'm in Windows Media Player, just not through File
> Explorer. I've already recopied all of the files to my CF card to make
sure
> they're not corrupted.
>
> Does anyone know how to re-associate these .MP3 files to Windows Media
> Player? I do NOT want to have to do a hard reset.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA!

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 5:31:59 AM

with resco there is also an "associate with" option for file types.
nate

In message <OUGeLGqGFHA.2620@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Amirov Zakhar"
<amirov@tric.ru> wrote:
Resco Explorer will help. There is "Open with" as in usual Windows and check
box "always use this application for...."

"Stealth" <stealth@youllneverfindme.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden, when I click on .MP3 songs I have on my CF card in File
> Explorer, it will no longer launch Windows Media Player on my Pocket PC
2003
> on an iPaq 2215.
>
> I CAN open them when I'm in Windows Media Player, just not through File
> Explorer. I've already recopied all of the files to my CF card to make
sure
> they're not corrupted.
>
> Does anyone know how to re-associate these .MP3 files to Windows Media
> Player? I do NOT want to have to do a hard reset.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA!

-- Don't cry... it's almost over.
Posted with Ink Spot (for PocketPC) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
Usenet wherever you are - http://www.dejavusoftware.com/
iPAQ 4150 w/2.512g on SD
!