Vista RTM and DX10 are availible, but no G80 drivers?!?!

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
So, I have Vista Ultimate RTM now. Not actually used any of the betas or the release candidates, it seems kinda fun so far.

Anyway, DxDiag reports DX10. I'm using the nVidia Vista drivers with my 7900GT. But on poking about the nVidia website it seems there are no vista drivers for the 8800s.

Am I missing something here? Surely DX10/Vista are the main aims of the G80?!

When I get a G80 I will no longer be able to run vista, great... :/

Speusippus

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
Also if you really knew what you were doing you could actually modify the driver so that it would incorporate the dx10 cards.

What does that involve? Registry editing? Or something else?

-FrL-

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
You might be using Vista drivers for your 7900, but they're not DX10...the 8800 will work in DX9 mode as well. It's really no surprise that DX10 drivers aren't out yet...DX10 isn't out yet. Vista has yet to be released fool. They're not going to release new drivers if they don't have to. Between giving people time for hacks and copies of the driver or new driver versions, and wanting time to fine tune the DX10 drivers...why would they release them?

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
You might be using Vista drivers for your 7900, but they're not DX10...the 8800 will work in DX9 mode as well. It's really no surprise that DX10 drivers aren't out yet...DX10 isn't out yet. Vista has yet to be released fool. They're not going to release new drivers if they don't have to. Between giving people time for hacks and copies of the driver or new driver versions, and wanting time to fine tune the DX10 drivers...why would they release them?

vistatg8.jpg

Windows Version 6.0.6000, DX10. On what basis does this make me a fool?

There are Vista drivers for all other Geforce cards, the 8800 series have thier own section on the nvidia download page as they require specific drivers, there are no vista ones at all. That was my point.

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
You were whining about the drivers for the vid card...not Windows DirectX version. If there are no directX 10 drivers for the 8800's then what are you trying to say? You're a fool because you're crying about drivers that aren't released...when it makes perfect sense.

Chil

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
Well, seeing as how you got yourself the release to manufacturing version, I would assume that drivers for it aren't going to exist yet. Why would Nvidia release Vista drivers when the OS is not commercially available to anyone yet. It must feel good to get it early, but don't expect that you're gonna get driver support until the actual release.

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Thank you. That's what I was saying...but he's too daft to understand. LOL It amazes me that they gave HIM a beta version of Vista...kinda makes me wonder why I don't have one...oh yeah. Because I can wait to slow my system to a crawl.

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
LOL, RyanMicah and Chil are right, vista is not officially available yet, so nvidia is not going to release vista drivers just for those who have "fixed" version, they'll come out after vista. So what are you trying to say?

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
Thank you. That's what I was saying...but he's too daft to understand. LOL It amazes me that they gave HIM a beta version of Vista...kinda makes me wonder why I don't have one...oh yeah. Because I can wait to slow my system to a crawl.

LOL, nobody gave him beta, he most prob. downloaded one, it's available on all warez sites, LOL and he complaints that there is no support from nvidia

sailer

Splendid

LOL, nobody gave him beta, he most prob. downloaded one, it's available on all warez sites, LOL and he complaints that there is no support from nvidia

Even more than that, unless I'm reading it all wrong, the image he posted reads that his computer has a 32 bit operating system. Vista is supposed to be 64 bit, not 32, and DX10 supposely works properly only on 64 bit systems. If such is the case, no wonder that the drivers aren't working. At least, this is what I see and understand.

kukito

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
Well, seeing as how you got yourself the release to manufacturing version, I would assume that drivers for it aren't going to exist yet.
Why would you assume that? ATI and nVidia have had drivers for Vista for months. I'm assuming Darkstar has already given up on this thread, seeing how it's been hijacked by morons.

kukito

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
Even more than that, unless I'm reading it all wrong, the image he posted reads that his computer has a 32 bit operating system. Vista is supposed to be 64 bit, not 32, and DX10 supposely works properly only on 64 bit systems. If such is the case, no wonder that the drivers aren't working. At least, this is what I see and understand.
You understand wrong. Thanks for proving my point that this thread has been hijacked by morons.

kukito

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
RyanMicah: That Bugatti avatar looks hideous with the white rectangular background. You should make it transparent so it elegantly floats on top of the screen. Same goes for Assman and Sailer. Get Photoshop!

Zelgaddis

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2006
Well, seeing as how you got yourself the release to manufacturing version, I would assume that drivers for it aren't going to exist yet.
Why would you assume that? ATI and nVidia have had drivers for Vista for months. I'm assuming Darkstar has already given up on this thread, seeing how it's been hijacked by morons.

QFT

Chil

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006

I must point out that you are incorrect here. I could care less if you call me a moron, but I'll point out the facts I know. If you read this page here, then Nvidia states that:

Updated NVIDIA® ForceWare WHQL certified drivers for Windows Vista™ RC2 are available to download now. These drivers are only compatible with Windows Vista RC2 build 5744 and higher, and should not be used with other versions of Windows Vista.

This means that they might work in the retail version, but probably won't have everything optimized. Keep in mind this is for DX9 cards since the 8800 series has just been released.

Now put yourself in Nvidia's shoes. Would you really release drivers for a card that just came out for an OS that isn't available to anyone yet? (I asked this before in my previous post) The answer is no, as there shouldn't be anyone in possession of Vista right now. When Vista is released, then we'll see DX10 drivers, and not a moment sooner.

Chil

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
RyanMicah: That Bugatti avatar looks hideous with the white rectangular background. You should make it transparent so it elegantly floats on top of the screen. Same goes for Assman and Sailer. Get Photoshop!

Your ad hominem argument and triple post serve me enough evidence to ignore any further posts you make on this topic. If you want to keep increasing your post count, be my guest, but don't expect a reply from me.

EDIT: Thanks Assman, now can we let this topic about pirated copies of Vista die?

kukito

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
I would, but Darkstar has to make the request. But seeing how his attackers have now chickened out it probably won't be necessary.

TRENDING THREADS