Sign in with
Your question

Vista RTM and DX10 are availible, but no G80 drivers?!?!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 19, 2006 12:52:24 PM

So, I have Vista Ultimate RTM now. Not actually used any of the betas or the release candidates, it seems kinda fun so far.

Anyway, DxDiag reports DX10. I'm using the nVidia Vista drivers with my 7900GT. But on poking about the nVidia website it seems there are no vista drivers for the 8800s.

Am I missing something here? Surely DX10/Vista are the main aims of the G80?!

When I get a G80 I will no longer be able to run vista, great... :/ 
November 19, 2006 2:12:54 PM

Quote:
Also if you really knew what you were doing you could actually modify the driver so that it would incorporate the dx10 cards.

What does that involve? Registry editing? Or something else?

-FrL-
November 19, 2006 3:24:50 PM

You might be using Vista drivers for your 7900, but they're not DX10...the 8800 will work in DX9 mode as well. It's really no surprise that DX10 drivers aren't out yet...DX10 isn't out yet. Vista has yet to be released fool. They're not going to release new drivers if they don't have to. Between giving people time for hacks and copies of the driver or new driver versions, and wanting time to fine tune the DX10 drivers...why would they release them?
Related resources
November 19, 2006 4:09:35 PM

Quote:
You might be using Vista drivers for your 7900, but they're not DX10...the 8800 will work in DX9 mode as well. It's really no surprise that DX10 drivers aren't out yet...DX10 isn't out yet. Vista has yet to be released fool. They're not going to release new drivers if they don't have to. Between giving people time for hacks and copies of the driver or new driver versions, and wanting time to fine tune the DX10 drivers...why would they release them?

Windows Version 6.0.6000, DX10. On what basis does this make me a fool?

There are Vista drivers for all other Geforce cards, the 8800 series have thier own section on the nvidia download page as they require specific drivers, there are no vista ones at all. That was my point.
November 19, 2006 5:42:39 PM

You were whining about the drivers for the vid card...not Windows DirectX version. If there are no directX 10 drivers for the 8800's then what are you trying to say? You're a fool because you're crying about drivers that aren't released...when it makes perfect sense.
November 19, 2006 5:48:26 PM

Well, seeing as how you got yourself the release to manufacturing version, I would assume that drivers for it aren't going to exist yet. Why would Nvidia release Vista drivers when the OS is not commercially available to anyone yet. It must feel good to get it early, but don't expect that you're gonna get driver support until the actual release.
November 19, 2006 5:57:26 PM

Thank you. That's what I was saying...but he's too daft to understand. LOL It amazes me that they gave HIM a beta version of Vista...kinda makes me wonder why I don't have one...oh yeah. Because I can wait to slow my system to a crawl.
November 19, 2006 5:59:40 PM

LOL, RyanMicah and Chil are right, vista is not officially available yet, so nvidia is not going to release vista drivers just for those who have "fixed" version, they'll come out after vista. So what are you trying to say?
November 19, 2006 6:01:56 PM

Quote:
Thank you. That's what I was saying...but he's too daft to understand. LOL It amazes me that they gave HIM a beta version of Vista...kinda makes me wonder why I don't have one...oh yeah. Because I can wait to slow my system to a crawl.

LOL, nobody gave him beta, he most prob. downloaded one, it's available on all warez sites, LOL and he complaints that there is no support from nvidia
November 19, 2006 7:53:29 PM

Haha, I know rite :?:
November 19, 2006 9:14:58 PM

Quote:

LOL, nobody gave him beta, he most prob. downloaded one, it's available on all warez sites, LOL and he complaints that there is no support from nvidia

Even more than that, unless I'm reading it all wrong, the image he posted reads that his computer has a 32 bit operating system. Vista is supposed to be 64 bit, not 32, and DX10 supposely works properly only on 64 bit systems. If such is the case, no wonder that the drivers aren't working. At least, this is what I see and understand.
November 19, 2006 9:16:20 PM

vista comes in x32 and x64
November 19, 2006 9:30:04 PM

Quote:
Well, seeing as how you got yourself the release to manufacturing version, I would assume that drivers for it aren't going to exist yet.

Why would you assume that? ATI and nVidia have had drivers for Vista for months. I'm assuming Darkstar has already given up on this thread, seeing how it's been hijacked by morons.
November 19, 2006 9:34:01 PM

Quote:
Even more than that, unless I'm reading it all wrong, the image he posted reads that his computer has a 32 bit operating system. Vista is supposed to be 64 bit, not 32, and DX10 supposely works properly only on 64 bit systems. If such is the case, no wonder that the drivers aren't working. At least, this is what I see and understand.

You understand wrong. Thanks for proving my point that this thread has been hijacked by morons.
November 19, 2006 9:57:02 PM

RyanMicah: That Bugatti avatar looks hideous with the white rectangular background. You should make it transparent so it elegantly floats on top of the screen. Same goes for Assman and Sailer. Get Photoshop!
November 19, 2006 10:00:17 PM

Quote:
Well, seeing as how you got yourself the release to manufacturing version, I would assume that drivers for it aren't going to exist yet.

Why would you assume that? ATI and nVidia have had drivers for Vista for months. I'm assuming Darkstar has already given up on this thread, seeing how it's been hijacked by morons.

QFT
November 19, 2006 10:08:08 PM

Quote:

I must point out that you are incorrect here. I could care less if you call me a moron, but I'll point out the facts I know. If you read this page here, then Nvidia states that:

Quote:
Updated NVIDIA® ForceWare WHQL certified drivers for Windows Vista™ RC2 are available to download now. These drivers are only compatible with Windows Vista RC2 build 5744 and higher, and should not be used with other versions of Windows Vista.

This means that they might work in the retail version, but probably won't have everything optimized. Keep in mind this is for DX9 cards since the 8800 series has just been released.

Now put yourself in Nvidia's shoes. Would you really release drivers for a card that just came out for an OS that isn't available to anyone yet? (I asked this before in my previous post) The answer is no, as there shouldn't be anyone in possession of Vista right now. When Vista is released, then we'll see DX10 drivers, and not a moment sooner.
November 19, 2006 10:09:58 PM

RE5PECT Chil
November 19, 2006 10:13:26 PM

Quote:
RyanMicah: That Bugatti avatar looks hideous with the white rectangular background. You should make it transparent so it elegantly floats on top of the screen. Same goes for Assman and Sailer. Get Photoshop!

Your ad hominem argument and triple post serve me enough evidence to ignore any further posts you make on this topic. If you want to keep increasing your post count, be my guest, but don't expect a reply from me.

EDIT: Thanks Assman, now can we let this topic about pirated copies of Vista die?
November 19, 2006 10:20:35 PM

Quote:
EDIT: Thanks Assman, now can we let this topic about pirated copies of Vista die?

So now you're accusing Darkstar of software piracy?
November 19, 2006 10:22:23 PM

Quote:

certainly
November 19, 2006 10:28:06 PM

Quote:
RE5PECT Chil

You expect respect from the person who called Darkstar, a respected member of this forum, a fool?
November 19, 2006 10:30:51 PM

Quote:

Chicken!!!
November 19, 2006 10:32:55 PM

Lock plz.
November 19, 2006 10:36:16 PM

I would, but Darkstar has to make the request. But seeing how his attackers have now chickened out it probably won't be necessary.
November 19, 2006 10:37:41 PM

no one has "chickened out", we just ignore idiots, like you.
November 19, 2006 10:59:06 PM

Quote:

Coming from an Apple fanboy, I gotta say...why would you even mention an avatar? Who really gives a flyin' fuk? If you think I'm going to take the time to go into photoshop and edit a bugatti symbol I jacked off their webpage at low resolution for an avatar so I can match your little flamer rainbow symbol you're not only crazy, but you've got far too much time on your hands. You need to get a life and quit editing pics of your naked brother.

The post before this quoted one, you had the gumption to call me a moron. At least I can READ. Maybe you should go back and read the original post before you start calling names son. The whole thread was this guy complaining about his precious 8800 not having DX10 drivers...as if? Everyone knows the 8800 is DX10 capable. It was released to get enthusiasts on par for Vista and pave the way for programming.

Oh, and then Zelgaddis you shout "LOCK plz!" after he put in his worthless two cents. Maybe someone should take some thread and lock your fingers together so you can't type stupid $hit anymore.
November 19, 2006 11:02:09 PM

LMAO
November 19, 2006 11:08:22 PM

Quote:

Thank you for the clarification. I'll add this to my understanding and try to learn something from it so I don't give any misinformation later.
November 19, 2006 11:11:40 PM

Quote:

Thank you for the clarification. I'll add this to my understanding and try to learn something from it so I don't give any misinformation later.

now that's a very polite reply, kukito should learn from you :lol:  :wink:
November 19, 2006 11:12:50 PM

Quote:

Why should any of us get photoshop? To please the likes of you? If you don't like our avitars, too bad. I can't speak for anyone else, but I like mine and feel no need to change it, especially for your approval. If or when I change it, it will be because I want to, and for no other reason.
November 19, 2006 11:13:42 PM

Maybe he should bitch at Toms for not matching more of our white background avatars. :-P
November 19, 2006 11:14:12 PM

agree, in addition i would like to add that all straight men like "MY AVATAR" :wink:
November 19, 2006 11:15:27 PM

Haha! Oh, and then while he's at it he can bitch at M$ for not waiting to give Darkstar Vista before nVidia released their DX10 drivers. :p  Shame on Microsoft. What was Billy thinking?
November 19, 2006 11:24:12 PM

Quote:

Well, someone pirated the copy of Vista. Since its not out yet, there's only two ways to get it, download a pirated version or buy a pirated version. There's been a fair amount of warning about this, including warnings that some features of Vista will not work on pirated version and further, that people who have pirated versions will find future troubles when they try to get patches and upgrades. Could be that the troubles being faced wiotht eh DX10 are because its a pirated version and its therefore not functioning correctly.

Now, I won't call Darkstar a pirate, but give him some benifit of doubt that he may have paid for his copy of Vista without knowing or realizing that its a pirated version. After all, I don't know everything in the world, only a few things.
November 19, 2006 11:39:55 PM

Quote:

Well, someone pirated the copy of Vista. Since its not out yet, there's only two ways to get it, download a pirated version or buy a pirated version. There's been a fair amount of warning about this, including warnings that some features of Vista will not work on pirated version and further, that people who have pirated versions will find future troubles when they try to get patches and upgrades. Could be that the troubles being faced wiotht eh DX10 are because its a pirated version and its therefore not functioning correctly.

Now, I won't call Darkstar a pirate, but give him some benifit of doubt that he may have paid for his copy of Vista without knowing or realizing that its a pirated version. After all, I don't know everything in the world, only a few things.
Have you ever heard of MSDN or TechNet, or are those two of the things you know nothing about? You do realize that Vista has been released, right? Have you wondered who it has been released to? Before you go around accusing people of crimes it would be best if you get your facts straight. Here are some facts, for your edification:

http://blogs.msdn.com/msdnsubscriptions/default.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsvista/get_it.ms...
November 19, 2006 11:42:29 PM

Well Kukito, at least you have some knowledge...:-) MSDN is for nerds though. :-P Hehe.
November 19, 2006 11:44:17 PM

Quote:
If you don't like our avitars, too bad.

No, I don't like your avitars, or your avatars for that matter. ;) 
November 19, 2006 11:49:28 PM

Quote:
Well Kukito, at least you have some knowledge...:-) MSDN is for nerds though. :-P Hehe.

Hehe! Ohh..that was soooo funny! Come on group, laugh! RyanMicah is quite the jokester! Next thing you know he'll be auditioning for SNL! Please don't stop RyanMicah! Keep those jokes coming! :roll:
November 19, 2006 11:51:19 PM

Wow. I'm simply in awe of how enlightening you aren't. If I'm a stand up comedian, you're a lame freak show.
November 19, 2006 11:57:22 PM

Quote:
Wow. I'm simply in awe of how enlightening you aren't. If I'm a stand up comedian, you're a lame freak show.

BUAHAHAHAHA!! I stand corrected. You are funny!
November 19, 2006 11:59:38 PM

Freak show. Only call you that because you've got to be the product of incest with how your brain seems to be only half functioning. I really don't understand why you're talking...go easy on the cough medicine. I know it helps you with the aftercock taste but you're starting to dribble. How do you stand corrected if you just said I'm funny twice?
November 20, 2006 12:03:17 AM

Since Darkstar has said nothing about being either a MSDN or Technet subscriber, I have no reason to assume that his version is legal. As I said, I did give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't a pirate, or at least was not a knowing pirate. The basic reference is that there is no public release of Vista by Microsoft yet, therefore, unless he is a participant in one of those programs, the legality of his copy is questionable.

Beyond that, if it is a legal release, shouldn't he simply be asking Microsoft about the problem? After all, they would be more likely to have an answer than most people here. Also, they would likely as not want to hear about any problems so they could fix them and get patches out as quickly as possible. Vista is basically an all new product, so few people really know that much about it yet. Even those who have used RC2, RC1, and the other Betas know that there were many problems that needed to be patched and they were supposed to be telling Microsoft all about those problems so that Microsoft could fix them before the retail version was released.
November 20, 2006 12:05:48 AM

Well why am i not surprised???How often does this happen???All the time.I believe that NVIDIA is releasing drivers for the 8800 for VISTA very soon.It was my understandung that they were simply waiting for VISTA to actually be released as opposed to releasing it when the os still has not come out officially.Anyways,goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.4 S-939
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7800GT IN SLI
2X1GIG DDR IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR 1280X1024
ACE 520WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
November 20, 2006 12:06:54 AM

Quote:
Since Darkstar has said nothing about being either a MSDN or Technet subscriber, I have no reason to assume that his version is legal.

I see, so he's guilty until proven innocent, right? You must live under some sort of ruthless dictatorship if that's what they teach you in school.
November 20, 2006 12:07:44 AM

You'll just have to wait for Vista WHQL drivers for the 8800GTX.

Close thread to stop the childish bickering.
November 20, 2006 12:08:40 AM

Quote:

second
November 20, 2006 12:09:39 AM

Quote:

second

Third. Although I did trash the troll pretty good. :-P
November 20, 2006 12:10:12 AM

hell yeah 8)
November 20, 2006 12:15:34 AM

Quote:
Although I did trash the troll pretty good. :-P

Hah! You wish! :p 
!