Logitech software - QuickCam or ImageStudio?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 27, 2004 6:53:41 PM

Hi,

I have a Logitech Quickcam Pro 3000 which I haven't used for a while.

I now want to set it up on a new XP Home system.

The Logitech website offers two downloads of similar sizes - ImageStudio
v7.30 dated 10/24/2002
and QuickCam 8.2 dated 03/16/2004.

Do I need both these sets of software installed?

If not, which one should I go for?

The FAQ is not much help, seeming to talk interchangeably about QuickCam and
ImageStudio.

There is an implication that ImageStudio replaces QuickCam, but the latest
version of software on the site is QuickCam 8.2.

Confused?
Damn straight!

Dave R

--
April 27, 2004 7:49:27 PM

"David W.E. Roberts" <nospam@talk21.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Logitech Quickcam Pro 3000 which I haven't used for a while.
>
> I now want to set it up on a new XP Home system.
>
> The Logitech website offers two downloads of similar sizes - ImageStudio
> v7.30 dated 10/24/2002
> and QuickCam 8.2 dated 03/16/2004.
>
> Do I need both these sets of software installed?
>
> If not, which one should I go for?
>
> The FAQ is not much help, seeming to talk interchangeably about QuickCam
and
> ImageStudio.
>
> There is an implication that ImageStudio replaces QuickCam, but the latest
> version of software on the site is QuickCam 8.2.
>
> Confused?
> Damn straight!
>
> Dave R
>
> --

I've got a pro3000 and XP ... I didn't bother installing either. I can use
it for taking snapshots or video-conferencing without a problem, but not for
videos.

When I had W98, I downloaded image studio, and the camera just froze up; I
had to uninstall both, and re-install quickcam before it worked again.
However, I think there's something on the logitech site warning against
quickcam and xp.

So, just plug it in and go to control panel | cameras and scanners to take
pics, or just plug it in to use it with a messenger program (though there
are problems if you use msn or windows messenger and the xp firewall).

Jim
!