What's wrong with hotmail?

December 26, 2004 7:16:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internet.mail,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Sorry if this message doesn't relate to this newsgroup. But I don't know
where to get help.

Simple, I can't sign into hotmail anymore. I have a hotmail account,
successfully log in to "Mymsn" , but can't login hotmail. The page just
hangs and nothing appears..nothing , even no error massage.
I can also successfully log into my Messenger using the same
account.....What is wrong here?
(XP PRO SP2 + IE6SP2 & Hotmail.com added to "always allow" and "trusted
sites")

Thanks for help....

More about : wrong hotmail

December 26, 2004 7:16:41 PM

"ham-z" <hamz-3e@/**/yahoo.com> wrote

:
: Simple, I can't sign into hotmail anymore. I have a hotmail account,
: successfully log in to "Mymsn" , but can't login hotmail. The page just
: hangs and nothing appears..nothing , even no error massage.
: I can also successfully log into my Messenger using the same
: account.....What is wrong here?
: (XP PRO SP2 + IE6SP2 & Hotmail.com added to "always allow" and "trusted
: sites")
:
: Thanks for help....

I just signed into mine with no problems but, then again, I use Firefox.

Alias
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 7:16:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internet.mail,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,

This can happen if the scripting engine is not wokring, try reinstalling it.
Download here:

Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ham-z" <hamz-3e@/**/yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Sorry if this message doesn't relate to this newsgroup. But I don't know
> where to get help.
>
> Simple, I can't sign into hotmail anymore. I have a hotmail account,
> successfully log in to "Mymsn" , but can't login hotmail. The page just
> hangs and nothing appears..nothing , even no error massage.
> I can also successfully log into my Messenger using the same
> account.....What is wrong here?
> (XP PRO SP2 + IE6SP2 & Hotmail.com added to "always allow" and "trusted
> sites")
>
> Thanks for help....

December 26, 2004 7:16:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internet.mail,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Well mine is working fine this morning. Can access both hotmail and
messenger without any problem.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
"Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.com> wrote in message

> "ham-z" <hamz-3e@/**/yahoo.com> wrote
>
> : Sorry if this message doesn't relate to this newsgroup. But I don't know
> : where to get help.
> :
> : Simple, I can't sign into hotmail anymore. I have a hotmail account,
> : successfully log in to "Mymsn" , but can't login hotmail. The page just
> : hangs and nothing appears..nothing , even no error massage.
> : I can also successfully log into my Messenger using the same
> : account.....What is wrong here?
> : (XP PRO SP2 + IE6SP2 & Hotmail.com added to "always allow" and "trusted
> : sites")
> :
> : Thanks for help....
>
> I just signed into mine with no problems but, then again, I use Firefox.
>
> Alias

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 7:56:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internet.mail,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

this error has happened to many people.. its something microsoft changed on
the
hotmail site. What I tell people to do is to download the firefox browser
and use that
for hotmail. and it works fine

www.getfirefox.com

"ham-z" <hamz-3e@/**/yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Sorry if this message doesn't relate to this newsgroup. But I don't know
> where to get help.
>
> Simple, I can't sign into hotmail anymore. I have a hotmail account,
> successfully log in to "Mymsn" , but can't login hotmail. The page just
> hangs and nothing appears..nothing , even no error massage.
> I can also successfully log into my Messenger using the same
> account.....What is wrong here?
> (XP PRO SP2 + IE6SP2 & Hotmail.com added to "always allow" and "trusted
> sites")
>
> Thanks for help....

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 7:56:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internet.mail,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

You definitely won't regret the switch to FF!!! Get it ASAP, I would say...

-- Geert

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> this error has happened to many people.. its something microsoft changed
> on the
> hotmail site. What I tell people to do is to download the firefox browser
> and use that
> for hotmail. and it works fine
>
> www.getfirefox.com
>

> "ham-z" <hamz-3e@/**/yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry if this message doesn't relate to this newsgroup. But I don't know
>> where to get help.
>>
>> Simple, I can't sign into hotmail anymore. I have a hotmail account,
>> successfully log in to "Mymsn" , but can't login hotmail. The page just
>> hangs and nothing appears..nothing , even no error massage.
>> I can also successfully log into my Messenger using the same
>> account.....What is wrong here?
>> (XP PRO SP2 + IE6SP2 & Hotmail.com added to "always allow" and "trusted
>> sites")
>>
>> Thanks for help....

December 26, 2004 7:56:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internet.mail,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I have no problem logging on to Hotmail with IE or Firefox. I have XP Pro
SP2.

I do agree, however, that Firefox rocks and that's my default browser.

Alias

"Geert Vancompernolle" <notreachable@anonymous.com> wrote

: You definitely won't regret the switch to FF!!! Get it ASAP, I would
say...
:
: -- Geert
:
: "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
: news:%239QdIs16EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: > this error has happened to many people.. its something microsoft changed
: > on the
: > hotmail site. What I tell people to do is to download the firefox
browser
: > and use that
: > for hotmail. and it works fine
: >
: > www.getfirefox.com
: >
: >
: > "ham-z" <hamz-3e@/**/yahoo.com> wrote in message
: > news:umfgRk06EHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
: >> Sorry if this message doesn't relate to this newsgroup. But I don't
know
: >> where to get help.
: >>
[...]

Why? I don't see anything all that great about Firefox. I tried it for a
while and didn't care for it. Uninstalled it and am quite happy , thank you.

Testy

"Geert Vancompernolle" <notreachable@anonymous.com> wrote in message
> You definitely won't regret the switch to FF!!! Get it ASAP, I would
> say...
>
> -- Geert
>
> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>> this error has happened to many people.. its something microsoft changed
>> on the
>> hotmail site. What I tell people to do is to download the firefox browser
>> and use that
>> for hotmail. and it works fine
>>
>> www.getfirefox.com
>>

>> "ham-z" <hamz-3e@/**/yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Sorry if this message doesn't relate to this newsgroup. But I don't know
>>> where to get help.
>>>
>>> Simple, I can't sign into hotmail anymore. I have a hotmail account,
>>> successfully log in to "Mymsn" , but can't login hotmail. The page just
>>> hangs and nothing appears..nothing , even no error massage.
>>> I can also successfully log into my Messenger using the same
>>> account.....What is wrong here?
>>> (XP PRO SP2 + IE6SP2 & Hotmail.com added to "always allow" and "trusted
>>> sites")
>>>
>>> Thanks for help....

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 7:56:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internet.mail,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I have used and occasionally 'use', Mozilla, Opera, Net Quest, Cyber World,
Cypher Net, and Netscape, just to see what sort of improvements they have done.
Not much. All these smaller companies want to be 'different' than you and me,
but they don't know how to market a product and how to communicate with the
customers. Have anyone ever done beta testing of Netscape products?
I am from the old CPM days, where customers were the helpers of customers,
but what Microsoft did, is to make a well communicating facility, where customers
can complain and get help. Well, that's my two cents.

"Testy" <fraudbuster@canoemail.com> wrote in message news:A7Bzd.4672$Tn1.51511@news20.bellglobal.com...
| Why? I don't see anything all that great about Firefox. I tried it for a
| while and didn't care for it. Uninstalled it and am quite happy , thank you.
|
| Testy
|
| "Geert Vancompernolle" <notreachable@anonymous.com> wrote in message
| > You definitely won't regret the switch to FF!!! Get it ASAP, I would
| > say...
| >
| > -- Geert
| >
| > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
| >> this error has happened to many people.. its something microsoft changed
| >> on the
| >> hotmail site. What I tell people to do is to download the firefox browser
| >> and use that
| >> for hotmail. and it works fine
| >>
| >> www.getfirefox.com
| >>

| >> "ham-z" <hamz-3e@/**/yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 7:57:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internet.mail,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

isnt there a way to turn that scripting engine on without reinstalling?

> Hi,
>
> This can happen if the scripting engine is not wokring, try reinstalling
> it. Download here:

> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "ham-z" <hamz-3e@/**/yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry if this message doesn't relate to this newsgroup. But I don't know
>> where to get help.
>>
>> Simple, I can't sign into hotmail anymore. I have a hotmail account,
>> successfully log in to "Mymsn" , but can't login hotmail. The page just
>> hangs and nothing appears..nothing , even no error massage.
>> I can also successfully log into my Messenger using the same
>> account.....What is wrong here?
>> (XP PRO SP2 + IE6SP2 & Hotmail.com added to "always allow" and "trusted
>> sites")
>>
>> Thanks for help....

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 8:50:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internet.mail,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks a lot!
Hotmail works fine now...But sorry, my IIS is stopped and doesn't work after
the installation and restart. (Running AP.NET 1.4)
Trying to restart the service fails...

> Hi,
>
> This can happen if the scripting engine is not wokring, try reinstalling
> it. Download here:

> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "ham-z" <hamz-3e@/**/yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry if this message doesn't relate to this newsgroup. But I don't know
>> where to get help.
>>
>> Simple, I can't sign into hotmail anymore. I have a hotmail account,
>> successfully log in to "Mymsn" , but can't login hotmail. The page just
>> hangs and nothing appears..nothing , even no error massage.
>> I can also successfully log into my Messenger using the same
>> account.....What is wrong here?
>> (XP PRO SP2 + IE6SP2 & Hotmail.com added to "always allow" and "trusted
>> sites")
>>
>> Thanks for help....

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 8:50:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internet.mail,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,

Last time that happened to me, I backed up (exported) my IIS settings, then
uninstalled/reinstalled the component set, then reimported my settings and
reran the SBA tool.

--

news:o KxFNY16EHA.2632@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Thanks a lot!
> Hotmail works fine now...But sorry, my IIS is stopped and doesn't work
> after the installation and restart. (Running AP.NET 1.4)
> Trying to restart the service fails...

>> Hi,
>>
>> This can happen if the scripting engine is not wokring, try reinstalling
>> it. Download here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "ham-z" <hamz-3e@/**/yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Sorry if this message doesn't relate to this newsgroup. But I don't know
>>> where to get help.
>>>
>>> Simple, I can't sign into hotmail anymore. I have a hotmail account,
>>> successfully log in to "Mymsn" , but can't login hotmail. The page just
>>> hangs and nothing appears..nothing , even no error massage.
>>> I can also successfully log into my Messenger using the same
>>> account.....What is wrong here?
>>> (XP PRO SP2 + IE6SP2 & Hotmail.com added to "always allow" and "trusted
>>> sites")
>>>
>>> Thanks for help....

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 10:49:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internet.mail,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

*In*stalled it and I'm not 'quite', but *extremely* happy with it...
But that's your and my choice, of course...

-- Geert

"Testy" <fraudbuster@canoemail.com> wrote in message
> Why? I don't see anything all that great about Firefox. I tried it for a
> while and didn't care for it. Uninstalled it and am quite happy , thank
> you.
>
> Testy
>
> "Geert Vancompernolle" <notreachable@anonymous.com> wrote in message
>> You definitely won't regret the switch to FF!!! Get it ASAP, I would
>> say...
>>
>> -- Geert
>>
>> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>>> this error has happened to many people.. its something microsoft changed
>>> on the
>>> hotmail site. What I tell people to do is to download the firefox
>>> browser and use that
>>> for hotmail. and it works fine
>>>
>>> www.getfirefox.com
>>>

>>> "ham-z" <hamz-3e@/**/yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 3:22:05 AM

In article <OlFP6x26EHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, Okie Noah says...

> I have used and occasionally 'use', Mozilla, Opera, Net Quest, Cyber World,
> Cypher Net, and Netscape, just to see what sort of improvements they have done.
> Not much. All these smaller companies want to be 'different' than you and me,
> but they don't know how to market a product and how to communicate with the
> customers. Have anyone ever done beta testing of Netscape products?
> I am from the old CPM days, where customers were the helpers of customers,
> but what Microsoft did, is to make a well communicating facility, where customers
> can complain and get help.

Microsoft has undertaken to create a complete "computer experience" for
those with no technical inclination whatsoever. Alas, to succeed in creating
a product that any non-geek can use they had to create a product which does
a lot of work out of sight of the user. One of the consequences of this
approach is to create a system which makes some basic assumptions of what a
user would allow, which led to major security issues as the system performed
actions which no rational user would have permitted, had they known the
action was happening. "DestructiveX" (oops; MSFT prefers to call it
"ActiveX") is a prime example; it is the best thing that ever happened to
those who would hijack a computer for their own purposes.

MSFT's approach to computers was to let everything talk with everything else
by default, and leave it to the user to figure out what should be turned
off. This is a backwards approach to system security, which is predicated on
deny everything, then only allow the minimum access necessary to accomplish
a task.

Mozilla, and its derivatives (Firefox, Thunderbird, and Netscape) was
written by geeks, with a geek approach to security. Firefox is a deliberate
attempt to translate "geekware" to something ordinary users could use
without low-level technical knowledge. It seems to me that the worst part of
the transition from MSIE to FF is the lack of "DestructiveX"; FF just can't
be hijacked as easily as MSIE; if it can be hijacked at all. It is otherwise
just as easy to use as MSIE. Most people who go back to MSIE mostly do it
for the lack of familiarity; they just have to have their "DestructiveX"
dog-and-pony show, come Hell, or Browser Hijackers.

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internet.mail,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

begin Okie Noah piddled around and finally wrote:

am a top-posting moron, with nothing of intelligence to say.
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 10:55:39 AM

In article <A7Bzd.4672$Tn1.51511@news20.bellglobal.com>, Testy says...

> Why? I don't see anything all that great about Firefox. I tried it for a
> while and didn't care for it. Uninstalled it and am quite happy , thank you.

Missed those "DestructiveX" tricks, did you?

--
!