zasgard

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2003
Ive got a x1950 pro that I'm having a hard time fitting into my Asus P5eb MB. The GD :evil: thing will not "click' into the PCIE slot. It's the front portion that won't lie into the slot.

Any suggestions?

omgitslong

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
it's the case that's causing the trouble.

my suggestion would be taking the whole motherboard and/or with the mobo tray out, put the video card in, then place the mobo and the tray into your case, AND THEN screw the bolt that connects the video card with the case..

did that make sense?

duthoy

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
maybe stupid,
but in the old days, some mobo's had in your AGP slot a small peace of plastic in the first 5-6 pins of the slot (sometimes hard to see) had something to do with compatibility vs AGP x1-2-4-8.
maybe do a good visual inspection of your PCI-x slot
really don't know if this apply to PCI-x
maybe some people are laughing there asses off right now? :oops:

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
Ive got a x1950 pro that I'm having a hard time fitting into my Asus P5eb MB. The GD :evil: thing will not "click' into the PCIE slot. It's the front portion that won't lie into the slot.

Any suggestions?

Whenever I have that problem it's because the card's bracket (the thing the VGA/DMI sockets are on) is catching at the bottom of the rear slot, behind the edge of the motherboard. It's not the I/O connector itself or placement of the motherboard within the case that's the issue.