Sign in with
Your question

Power calibration error/ IMAPI missing

Last response: in Windows 7
November 18, 2009 8:09:56 PM

Hi
Ive just installed Windows 7 on my desktop computer but when i try to burn a disk i keep getting "Power callibration error" I have checked for the IMAPI in services but it isd not there. I also have the same problem on my laptop...IMAPI is not there either, my laptop is running Vista.. it just stopped working all of a sudden.

Do i need to download IMAPI from somewhere?? Ive looked everywhere but cannot seem to find it or any info on it if its missing

Any help at all is much appreciated
a b $ Windows 7
November 18, 2009 8:24:51 PM

I checked the knowledge base, but did not find a version of the IMAPI installer for Win 7. Just XP and Vista. Theoretically, you should have no troubles using the (bit~correct) Vista version for Win 7 if you're pressed.

The support site is being wonky (this is news!?!?) but the KB for XP and 2003 is: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932716

Before doing that, you might want to try opening an elevated command prompt and running: sfc /scannow This will take a while, so choose a time when the computer isn't needed and you have other things to do. This'll tell the OS to find, and potentially repair, the issue itself.
m
l
November 18, 2009 8:37:14 PM

Thanks so much for your help and quick reply, ill try the sfc /scannow first. Ill let you know how ity wotrks out.. thanks again
m
l
Related resources
November 18, 2009 8:50:04 PM

Gowd!! This computer!!! For some reason when i type that into cmd it says "i must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility" :(  .. Any ideas?
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
January 6, 2010 10:56:23 AM

Start-Programs-Accessories- right click "Command promt" "Run as administrator"
BR,
Riho
m
l
!