- need to remote admin computer B from computer A.
- have access to install any progs on A
- have full admin access to computer B
- both machines running windows XP Pro
- A is behind a corporate firewall that only allows outbound connections to ports 80 and 443.
- remote admin server on B listens on port 5900 (cannot change)
- remote admin client on A similarly has to connect to remote admin server on port 5900
I have read numerous articles and posts about tunneling, SSH, port forwarding, using sockscap etc and i have been trying so many options with no luck. Im on the verge of giving up! I have always gotten great advice from fellow TomsHardware readers so i thought id give this a shot.
can anybody tell me how to set up a system where i can get this remote admin working? if not, even a pointer to a definitive guide will do.
thanks for the link hubbardt! its quite an informative document. I will give this a shot, though i might still be in trouble as I am not able to open up any additional ports on the firewall that computer A is behind. Should have mentioned this before.