DesertFox

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2003

when I try to burn a cd, I get a message that reads:

Windows media player encountered an unknown problem or operating
system component encountered a problem but does not communicate the nature of
the problem to the player.

What can I do to resolve this problem?

Help!

In My Computer right click the burner and choose Properties. Double check
that the drive is enabled to record (burn) CD's. This setting sometimes
gets discombobulated.

Desertfox Wrote:
> when I try to burn a cd, I get a message that reads:
>
> Windows media player encountered an unknown problem or operating
> system component encountered a problem but does not communicate the
> nature of
> the problem to the player.
>
> What can I do to resolve this problem?
>
> Help!
First things first. Is your cd-r working properly. Open up the device
manager via start>>>control panel>>>>system>>>hardware>>>>>device
manager. Look for your cd-r in the list and click properties. make sure
it is working correctly and all drivers are updated.

I would suggest getting a third party software for burning cds; such as
nero, alcohol, or adaptecs easy cd creator. Many of these programs have
trial periods and are downloadable at www.downloads.com.
If you insist on using the software in windows media player, i would
uninstall the media player, reboot the machine, and then reinstall
windows media player. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

--
blc4198

TRENDING THREADS