need helpppp on buying new system

razrbld

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
the question for me is , if you buy a new system now and you want a CPU upgrade in a year,which one would be better for this INTEL or AMD? Im kind of a AMD fan. If i go with AM2 now do i have to change my mobo as well to upgrade to a new cpu one year from now?
Or if i go with intel which motherboard do u recommend(preferably from asus)? plzzzz helppppp

razrbld

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
intel, there next socket change is probably going to be in 2008. whats your budget for the board?

ya i guess i can manage some high end ones. how about the P5WDG2 WS Professional or the P5W DH Deluxe??? both of these say Intel® Quad-core CPU Ready. and also which one is better for gaming???

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
how about the P5WDG2 WS Professional or the P5W DH Deluxe???

the P5WDG2 WS Pro is a really nice board, but for the $300 price tag you should probably get an intel bad axe board instead. the P5W is really nice too, OC's like a dream. you might also want to look into Evga's 680i boards too, it's really stable and from what ive seen is suppost to oc like a monster!

razrbld

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
how about the P5WDG2 WS Professional or the P5W DH Deluxe???

the P5W is really nice too, OC's like a dream. you might also want to look into Evga's 680i boards too, it's really stable and from what ive seen is suppost to oc like a monster!

From these two mobos(P5W/ Evga 680i) which one should i choose??? If i dont want to change my mobo in the next 2/3 years???