Sign in with
Your question

Highest clock with P5ND2 + D915 !?

Last response: in Overclocking
November 20, 2006 12:12:52 PM

Hi, what is the expected max overclock with the Asus P5ND2-SLI and a Pentium D 915!?

Should i be able to hit 4.2GHz with no voltage increase!?

Thanks
November 20, 2006 2:12:56 PM

it depends greatly on what kind of cooling you have.

if your running on air then your probably going to hit the wall at about 3.6ghz-ish no matter what you go with.

with water you might be able to get to 4.2ghz, if your psu is going to run out of power first is a different story all together.

if you go with the almighty phase change, then i have a question for you, what are you doing with a Pentium D 915?

i only have limited knowledge of that particular cpu though, so im baseing those numbers on various other pentium D's ive seen overclocked.
November 20, 2006 2:25:02 PM

Quote:
it depends greatly on what kind of cooling you have.

if your running on air then your probably going to hit the wall at about 3.6ghz-ish no matter what you go with.

with water you might be able to get to 4.2ghz, if your psu is going to run out of power first is a different story all together.

if you go with the almighty phase change, then i have a question for you, what are you doing with a Pentium D 915?

i only have limited knowledge of that particular cpu though, so im baseing those numbers on various other pentium D's ive seen overclocked.

I would be running on-air, using Scythe Mine Rev.B HSF. I have currently got the 915 running at 3.8GHz.

Anyone else had experince with this CPU?
!