Highest clock with P5ND2 + D915 !?

Hi, what is the expected max overclock with the Asus P5ND2-SLI and a Pentium D 915!?

Should i be able to hit 4.2GHz with no voltage increase!?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about highest clock p5nd2 d915
  1. it depends greatly on what kind of cooling you have.

if your running on air then your probably going to hit the wall at about 3.6ghz-ish no matter what you go with.

with water you might be able to get to 4.2ghz, if your psu is going to run out of power first is a different story all together.

if you go with the almighty phase change, then i have a question for you, what are you doing with a Pentium D 915?

i only have limited knowledge of that particular cpu though, so im baseing those numbers on various other pentium D's ive seen overclocked.
  2. Quote:
    it depends greatly on what kind of cooling you have.

if your running on air then your probably going to hit the wall at about 3.6ghz-ish no matter what you go with.

with water you might be able to get to 4.2ghz, if your psu is going to run out of power first is a different story all together.

if you go with the almighty phase change, then i have a question for you, what are you doing with a Pentium D 915?

i only have limited knowledge of that particular cpu though, so im baseing those numbers on various other pentium D's ive seen overclocked.

I would be running on-air, using Scythe Mine Rev.B HSF. I have currently got the 915 running at 3.8GHz.

Anyone else had experince with this CPU?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Pentium