Arctic Freezer 7 Pro

What are your opinions on this?

It will go in a case with two 8cm fans (3 with PSU), a Zelman chipset heatsink.

The CPU is a Pentium D 945, which I may overclock.
4 answers Last reply
More about arctic freezer
  1. That HSF is one of the best ones for it's price. As long as your not planning on doing anything extreme, it should work fine...

However, 2 8CM fans are kind of skimpy...
  2. I have an AC Freezer 7 Pro and am incredibly impressed with it's performance. My room is cool, but it keeps my D805 @ 3.8 at 47C under load. @ 4.0Ghz it climbs to 51-52C due to the increased voltage.

I would recommend getting a little more exhaust in your system, but give the two 80mm's a try and see how your temps are.

A good way to test if extra intake/exhaust is needed is to record all temps under load and at idle in normal conditions. Then take off the side panel and do it again. If there is a dramatic drop in load temps on the cpu (~10C) you will be needing a way to get more intake/exhaust.
  3. The case only has two 8cm fittings, so I'm not sure how I could go about getting more air flow.

I know it has a side panel which might help, but as luck would have it - it will be pushed up against a cupboard - I might need to change the desk to solve that.
  4. Ah... come on... there is one easy way to get more airflow with 8CM fans...

Vantec Tornado...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999612

2 of those and the inside of your case will be a veritable tornado =P

Loud as one too.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Arctic Overclocking Product