"No audio devices installed" problem...

orion_lc

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
I have been searching solutions for this problem for a long time.

Motherboard is ASUS P5LD2, graphic card is NVIDIA 6600LE, Hard disk is Hitachi 160GB, RAM is Cossair 2 x 512MB, I am using onboard sound card.

I have tried to go to BIOS to diable the audio driver and re-enable it after system reboot. I also tried to re-install the Realtek HD audio driver inside the motherboard CD. I even went to check if the "windows audio" service is started and in automatic mode. After doing all these, I still cannot get the audio device working. Open the control panel, sound, audio devices, all options under volume are grey and cannot be checked. Under hardware tab, it says that the legacy audio driver is working properly, but the device usage is grey. And this is the same for all the other audio devices.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thanks!

n0odle

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
You said "all audio device"? Do you mean you have an extra sound card in there? If so, remove it and try again with only the AC97.

From what you described I can denote that:

1) The drivers are outdated/bad...try newer versions of the drivers from the Asus website.

2)Its possible that your audio in your MOBO is defective :cry: :cry: :cry:
Let's hope that's not the case.

orion_lc

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
I use onboard sound driver, not a separate one. If my motherboard sound is defective, would it affect if I were to install an external sound card?

TRENDING THREADS