DVD drive no longer recognizes any discs I insert

In windows XP the DVD drive no longer recognizes any discs I insert (I've
tried different CD & DVDs). When I go to the DVD
drive properties it says it's working properly. I've deleted & reinstalled
the hardware but with no success. I'm told I should perform non destructive
system recovery but I'm concerned about what this will do.
Any suggestions?
thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about drive longer recognizes discs insert

    Check the problem section at Alex Nichol's site here
    http://www.aumha.org/a/xpcd.htm

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Rod Ayers" <rodayers@att.net> wrote in message
    > In windows XP the DVD drive no longer recognizes any discs I insert (I've
    > tried different CD & DVDs). When I go to the DVD
    > drive properties it says it's working properly. I've deleted & reinstalled
    > the hardware but with no success. I'm told I should perform non
    > destructive
    > system recovery but I'm concerned about what this will do.
    > Any suggestions?
    > thanks

DVD Drives Microsoft Windows XP