Ipaq 3870 and 1gb SD card

February 25, 2005 5:36:21 PM

Hi all

help please, just bought a 1GB SD card and my Ipaq 3870 is not "seeing" it,
what do I have to do to make it work?

More about : ipaq 3870 1gb card

February 25, 2005 5:36:22 PM

That is strange!
I also have an iPaq 3870 and an 1GB Memory Card
(Kingston) and not having any problems. It worked for my
iPaq under PocketPC 2002 and Windows Mobile 2003.
So I think it's the memorycard itself, because I had
several 1GB cards in my iPaq from different brands with
no problem at all. Try reinstalling the OS and not forget
all the patches available from Compaq/HP. Maybe this will
help you!

Anonymous
February 25, 2005 5:47:00 PM

Did you try removing the SD card, reset, then put it back in?

"Chris Long" <chris@ruralbus.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> help please, just bought a 1GB SD card and my Ipaq 3870 is not "seeing"
> it, what do I have to do to make it work?

February 25, 2005 8:13:11 PM

there are several things you can try before returning it.

Is this the first SD card you have used in the slot? If so, is it fully
seated... i.e. a second push ejects it.

Do other cards work in the same slot?

Close all programs and soft reset then open file explorer, go to the
root and insert the card watching to see if anything appears. (note,
give it time to map the card)

If no joy, leave the card in and soft reset then open file explorer to
the root and look again.

"tip" the card to see if it's a contact problem... use your fingers to
apply light pressure to tip the contacts downward.

try the card in another device such as a card reader or other ppc

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 10:37:18 PM

Thanks but i tried that still nothing, i guess it must be the card itself,
although it is a branded Toshiba card I would have thought that would be ok

Thanks anyway

"Victor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> That is strange!
> I also have an iPaq 3870 and an 1GB Memory Card
> (Kingston) and not having any problems. It worked for my
> iPaq under PocketPC 2002 and Windows Mobile 2003.
> So I think it's the memorycard itself, because I had
> several 1GB cards in my iPaq from different brands with
> no problem at all. Try reinstalling the OS and not forget
> all the patches available from Compaq/HP. Maybe this will
> help you!

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 5:12:08 PM

Thanks for the tip, tried all that but still no joy, i dont have another SD
card to try so am still not sure if it is the card or the Ipaq at fault,
lets hope it is the card!

Chris

message news:eyBmU%234GFHA.3180@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...