Sign in with
Your question

Huge Intel mobo DG965WH problem

Last response: in Motherboards

Am I missing out by keeping my Core 2 Dou E6300 on stock speed?

Total: 4 votes

• Yea, C2D was meant to be overclocked
  • 0 %
  • Yea, kind of but not that big of a deal
  • 50 %
  • Maybe, not really, I donno let me check my Myspace
  • 0 %
  • No, C2D is fast enough stock and the hassle of overclocking isnt worth it
  • 0 %
  • what''s Core 2 Duo? is that faster than my Cyrix?
  • 50 %
November 21, 2006 12:22:29 AM

allright, bear with me. I have an Intel mobo DG965WH and C2D 6300. that board doesn't support ddr-800 unless memory voltage is around 1.8V and with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6. I didn't know that prior to making my errors. i forced the board to 4-4-4-12 ddr-800 (mistake #1) and tried to use my OCZ memory that runs at 2.1V (mistake #2). Board now won't post. i went back to my older Kingston hyperX which worked before, but same result. pls dont give me crap on brand names (AMD users, Corsair users, ASUS. abusers etc.)

how the hell do i reset the board back so it'll take my kingston 5400 memory again??? anyone? thanks for any and all suggestions

thanks
November 21, 2006 1:43:06 AM

I'd try removing the power cord, then the battery and shorting the jumper that says something like "CLR". After that, wait about a minute with the jumper shorted and remove the cap. Plug power cord back in, power on and post result here. Hopefully it'll say "It worked!" :D 

Z
November 21, 2006 2:07:29 PM

thanks, there was a jumper that takes you straight to BIOS and i was able to reset mem speed, thanks a lot! :p 
!