My Router Problems

hyphven

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
I have a DSL modem where i currently can get internet. It is a Actiontec GT701R. I would like to use this internet connection on more than two computers so I bought a D-Link wireless router. The model is DI-524. I connect to my ISP in the PPoA mode using my user name and password. How can I configure the router to connect these computers to the internet? I have tried many different settings on the router and nothing has worked. Any help would be apprecaited. Thanks.

hyphven

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
I saw that option and I read about it on the forums. I tried it and it didn't work. I don't think I need a specific MAC address because I just went a bought a modem, my ISP did not assign me one. But I don't know much
about it. Thanks for responding so promptly.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
I know with SBC Yahoo, it registers your MAC Address of the computer when you do the initial setup. The reson for cloneing the computer that did the original setup.

PPoA, does your router have that option listed in the WAN setup? PPPoE is common, not sure about PPoA.

hyphven

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
I have solved my own problem. I set to mode on my modem to PPPoE and also set my router on PPPoE and entered my username, passoword and DNS's into the router.

Thank you for the responses. :)