Newbie...need help :P

Elven

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
Hello FORUM Guys...I'm new on this site,I recently discovered it and it seems GREAT !!! I like hardware stuff...
Soo,the problem is that I have an old motherboard...a Fujitsu Siemens D1192.This has a 423 socket(old indeed) and I850/ICH2 chipset.(I never know that until now,with the help of u're site's "begginer stuff" :D)
My processor is an P4 1,3 Ghz at 256 kb L2 cache.
My system uses RIMM memories,I have 384 MB of RIMM that works at 400 MHz on dual channel 8O .Soo,the question comes...what sould I do to incerase a bit of performance here,exept making upgrade :p I wanna make this PC a experimental PC...to try overclocks and stuff untill I'll buy another.
I searched the net for an CPU overclock software because my BIOS is old and I can't make overclock from there...Witch software will you guys recommend?
Thanks...I expect replyes :p

Elven

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
Soo...I managed last night to find an BIOS update for my tipe of motherboard.I've updated the BIOS from Phoneix V4.06 1.04.1192 to V4.06 1.11.1192 and still no overclock there :(
I have this PC from 2001,and it served me well untill now.It has an broken IDE slot(the secondary one) and my HDD+CDRom are on single cable ATA66.It's kind of old...but it still manages to run games as Prince of Persia 2 and Doom3 :D
I will change everything inside,exept the case that`s superb hightower aluminium case...It has 35 kg :)
Thanks anyway...