Asus p5w DH or EVGA 680i

razrbld

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
plz help me choose between the two. I dont wanna change my mobo in the few years. Which one should be worth buying??? I dont wanna go for the stryker. Cauz its a bit pricey.

itheral

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Well that really depends on what you'll be using your computer for.. I have the P5W DH and its a great mobo, but somewhat limited for overclocking. The 680i is a better overclocker, but doesnt have all the nifty features the Asus has. If youre just a general user I would recommend the Asus model, if only because I trust Asus mobo's more than EVGA.

kwalker

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
The board is too new on the market .
with a little time and a few more bios updates it has the potential to be a great board but I would go for the P5W DH for stability and moderate OC.
If you want higher oc's go for the P5B Deluxe wifi.

razrbld

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
ok now if i go with P5W DH will i be able to just upgrade CPUs without changing the board for the next 2/3 years??? Or intel will come out with another chipset? I use my pc mostly for gaming and for video editing. :?:
PLZZZ help me out.

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
ok now if i go with P5W DH will i be able to just upgrade CPUs without changing the board for the next 2/3 years??? Or intel will come out with another chipset? I use my pc mostly for gaming and for video editing. :?:
PLZZZ help me out.

2 to 3 years? i do not think so.

razrbld

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
2 to 3 years? i do not think so.

Ok will the EVGA board last at least 2 years?? Is it worth buying ri8 away? Or should i wait a bit. I want to buy a board within this month. So should i go for it now? would it be a bit risky?

kwalker

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
PLZZZ help me out.
Just a few years ago socket 478 was was the newest and best intel had in the desktop market. :D
go for whats available now and something that has a proven record with room for future upgrades(6 months)
just dont skimp if you plan on keeping your rig a few years.